OTTI Round Schedules

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby Chip » Feb 8th, '13, 21:35

debunix wrote:I would like to say, I can't wait, but the reality is, I've been waiting for these for a year or so......and the wait is about to end, and I'm very excited!

Glad to hear you are excited, debunix! It has been a long journey to arrive here ... 8)

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22818
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby edkrueger » Feb 8th, '13, 21:52

Chip, what is your phone number for if my power goes out? :P

User avatar edkrueger
Posts: 1693
Joined: Jun 24, '08

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby Chip » Feb 8th, '13, 22:45

edkrueger wrote:Chip, what is your phone number for if my power goes out? :P

Toll free (800) GYO-OTTI of course. 8)

When calling, ask how you can double your order ... just pay extra shipping and processing. :shock:

(for those not on theanine, just kidding!!!)

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22818
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby Running for Tea » Feb 10th, '13, 15:02

Gyokuro?! :shock: looks like I stumbled back to the forum at the right time!

User avatar Running for Tea
Posts: 129
Joined: Aug 14, '11
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Ohio

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby Chip » Feb 10th, '13, 15:09

Running for Tea wrote:Gyokuro?! :shock: looks like I stumbled back to the forum at the right time!

I actually just posted the topic ... OTTI 17 (and NOTTI 2 for a double play!)

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22818
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby Running for Tea » Feb 10th, '13, 15:29

Mystery Uber Sencha you say... I am intrigued. I've currently got a modest supply of low-mid grade sencha to last until shincha season, but I've been debating about adding some better tea to my supply. This might be too good for me to pass up!

User avatar Running for Tea
Posts: 129
Joined: Aug 14, '11
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Ohio

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby Chip » Feb 10th, '13, 15:43

Running for Tea wrote:This might be too good for me to pass up!

I believe you should definitely be "running for (this) tea."

This is like saving the best sencha of 2012 for last!!! What a way to depart 2012 harvest and welcome 2013 havest.

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22818
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby Running for Tea » Feb 10th, '13, 16:25

Chip wrote:I believe you should definitely be "running for (this) tea."

This is like saving the best sencha of 2012 for last!!! What a way to depart 2012 harvest and welcome 2013 havest.


This would be a great way to finish off the 2012 Tea year! I think I will be participating in both.

The review of the asamushi sencha helped this decision. Previously a fukamushi enthusiast, my tastes have shifted to asamushi. Rare, mind-blowing asamushi... I certainly cannot pass that up!

User avatar Running for Tea
Posts: 129
Joined: Aug 14, '11
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Ohio

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby Chip » Apr 27th, '13, 14:12

Shincha OTTI 2013 cometh ... I hope this will be the biggest and best Shincha OTTI!

Stay tuned. I will be posting a 3 day notice soon!

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22818
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby victoria3 » Apr 27th, '13, 14:30

Chip wrote:Shincha OTTI 2013 cometh ... I hope this will be the biggest and best Shincha OTTI!

Stay tuned. I will be posting a 3 day notice soon!

I'm excited to see which Sinchas your pick!

User avatar victoria3
Posts: 335
Joined: Nov 13, '12
Location: santa monica, california, usa
Contact victoria3:

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby Chip » Apr 27th, '13, 20:54

victoria3 wrote:
Chip wrote:Shincha OTTI 2013 cometh ... I hope this will be the biggest and best Shincha OTTI!

Stay tuned. I will be posting a 3 day notice soon!

I'm excited to see which Sinchas your pick!

Yeah, me too ... first-hand, ya know. :mrgreen:

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22818
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby javi_sanchez » Apr 28th, '13, 17:36

It seems I may actually be able to get in on an OTTI round. I'm lazy with checking and always learn about them months after.

User avatar javi_sanchez
Posts: 119
Joined: Mar 29, '12
Location: NYC

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby Chip » Apr 30th, '13, 00:49

javi_sanchez wrote:It seems I may actually be able to get in on an OTTI round. I'm lazy with checking and always learn about them months after.

Do not venture away too far!

BTW ... this is shaping up very nicely! Still have a few unanswered feelers which may require a bit of nudging. :mrgreen:

I would say I am a few days away from dropping serious hints. :twisted:

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22818
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby saxon75 » Apr 30th, '13, 01:11

Really looking forward to this. Do OTTIs usually fill up quickly? I want to make sure I don't miss out on my first one.

saxon75
Posts: 149
Joined: Apr 02, '13

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby Chip » Apr 30th, '13, 01:21

saxon75 wrote:Really looking forward to this. Do OTTIs usually fill up quickly? I want to make sure I don't miss out on my first one.

Yes, they can fill up quickly.

I give a 3 day prior notification of the OTTI round going live. So, if you are looking, it is hard to miss.

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22818
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji


Today's Poll



Community

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests