Hello Everyone!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

May 1st, '13, 12:10

Hello Everyone!

by tecnanaut » May 1st, '13, 12:10

Hello,

I've been lurking for a couple of months, now I've finally joined. I'm still learning (much more thanks to this forum) so I doubt I'll contribute much, but none the less it's a pleasure to be finally able to converse about tea. I'm from the tiny country of Malta, where British builder's tea is the norm. So when I try to share my 'funny leaves' with people, I get a few odd glances :mrgreen:

May 1st, '13, 13:26
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Hello Everyone!

by Chip » May 1st, '13, 13:26

Greetings, and welcome to TeaChat. Although there have been people join previuously from Malta, you are I believe the first poster from Malta. Start a TeaRevolution!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

May 1st, '13, 14:32

by amaranto » May 1st, '13, 14:32

So when I try to share my 'funny leaves' with people, I get a few odd glances
I bet this has happened to a lot of us. Welcome!

May 1st, '13, 15:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Devoted135 » May 1st, '13, 15:39

I've been told by several close friends that I've become a "tea snob." It's okay, just embrace it! And welcome! :)

May 1st, '13, 15:45

by tenuki » May 1st, '13, 15:45

A friend of mine brings lipton tea bags over when she come so she doesn't have to drink my 'weirdo tea'. Welcome to the club of outcasts! :mrgreen:

May 1st, '13, 15:49

by tecnanaut » May 1st, '13, 15:49

Thanks for the warm welcome :D

May 1st, '13, 19:29

by victoria3 » May 1st, '13, 19:29

When I get into one of my many conversations about tea and culture and a friend's face 'glaze over', I know it's time to move on to something else. An exception seems to be with beer and kombucha connoisseurs, they are usually more intrigued. I've always wanted to visit the beautiful island of Malta. It has a rich history being enroute to so many trade routes from the Phoenicians, Greek, Roman, Ottoman...

May 6th, '13, 03:20

by winofigments » May 6th, '13, 03:20

Welcome. Malta is also on my list along with Pantelleria. Thus far I've only gotten as close as Sicily. I'm also new to this forum and it has been so helpful that I often have to stop myself from reading more and more. I switched from beer and wine to tea and have piqued the interest of a couple friends but I can tell they find it odd. However by sheer chance, I met someone last week who lived in Japan for a while and experienced many traditional tea ceremonies. So if you keep putting it out there, you will find others. And now, I must purchase some decaf tea bags for a family member.... It actually will be an upgrade from the Lipton decaf bags.

May 6th, '13, 09:41

by tecnanaut » May 6th, '13, 09:41

victoria3 wrote:I've always wanted to visit the beautiful island of Malta. It has a rich history being enroute to so many trade routes from the Phoenicians, Greek, Roman, Ottoman...
winofigments wrote:Malta is also on my list along with Pantelleria. Thus far I've only gotten as close as Sicily.
Surprised anyone's heard of the place to be honest. Many a time a man has mistaken the tiny dot under Italy for insect dung on the map :lol:

+ Post Reply