OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.

Re: OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby Running for Tea » May 2nd, '13, 07:57

By the way, I'm really excited for the 12 tea OTTI!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar Running for Tea
Posts: 129
Joined: Aug 14, '11
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Ohio

Re: OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby Devoted135 » May 2nd, '13, 08:32

Running for Tea wrote:By the way, I'm really excited for the 12 tea OTTI!!! :mrgreen:


Me too! :D

User avatar Devoted135
Posts: 340
Joined: Sep 08, '12
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby JRS22 » May 2nd, '13, 09:38

My little nerikomi Kyushu has been standing idle. It's perfect for an OTTI as I can easily do more experiments with each sample.

Image

User avatar JRS22
Posts: 1242
Joined: Nov 07, '07

Re: OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby Chip » May 2nd, '13, 13:28

Running for Tea wrote:Way late to the game.... but 15

FTW :!: :idea: :arrow:

Please remind me with your Shincha-OTTI order! :mrgreen:

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22808
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby Chip » May 2nd, '13, 13:31

Devoted135 wrote:
Running for Tea wrote:By the way, I'm really excited for the 12 tea OTTI!!! :mrgreen:


Me too! :D

Me 3 ...

JRS22 wrote:My little nerikomi Kyushu has been standing idle. It's perfect for an OTTI as I can easily do more experiments with each sample.

Kenji rocks (usually). Looking forward to seeing some scale shots with your samples.

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22808
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby JRS22 » May 2nd, '13, 13:37

Chip wrote:
JRS22 wrote:My little nerikomi Kyushu has been standing idle. It's perfect for an OTTI as I can easily do more experiments with each sample.

Kenji rocks (usually). Looking forward to seeing some scale shots with your samples.


Will do - and I'll use a sample packet rather than a quarter for scale. I have a routine worked out with Photobucket for uploading photos to Teachat from my iPad.

I've been eyeing Kenji nerikomi for a while now, but I don't need a large kyusu. When a small one was posted I bought it with a matching sake/tea cup.

User avatar JRS22
Posts: 1242
Joined: Nov 07, '07

Re: OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby Running for Tea » May 2nd, '13, 16:00

Chip wrote:
Running for Tea wrote:Way late to the game.... but 15

FTW :!: :idea: :arrow:

Please remind me with your Shincha-OTTI order! :mrgreen:

:shock: Yes!

User avatar Running for Tea
Posts: 129
Joined: Aug 14, '11
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Ohio

Re: OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby Chip » May 2nd, '13, 22:37

Need I say it ... T-Minus 19 hours 23 minutes til Shincha OTTI 2013 goes LIVE from the TeaCave (with a 3 hour prior preview of the actual topic)!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22808
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby BrooklynBrew » May 3rd, '13, 16:21

Chip wrote:What do golfballs and Shincha OTTI have in common?

First to guess and post correctly will receive one *BONUS* selection!


Each group of shincha selections weighs as much as a golf ball?

User avatar BrooklynBrew
Posts: 75
Joined: Jan 24, '12
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby Chip » May 3rd, '13, 16:58

BrooklynBrew wrote:
Chip wrote:What do golfballs and Shincha OTTI have in common?

First to guess and post correctly will receive one *BONUS* selection!


Each group of shincha selections weighs as much as a golf ball?

The answer I was looking for is that they are both sold by the dozen ... so to speak. :mrgreen:

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22808
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby Chip » Jun 20th, '13, 12:53

You are all officially served 3 day notice of OTTI 19 which will go live on Sunday June 23, 2013 at 6 PM Eastern USA time along with the posting of the special topic. As usual, there will be 3 hour prior posting of the topic for member preview!

OTTI 19 will feature 5 uber premium, high-mountain 2013 Spring selections from member Silent Chaos' OriginTea Gaoshan collection. The Bonus selection for the lucky few will be a very special DYL from SC's "private collection." Look for more opps to receive the bonus!

This will indeed be the "event of the season" ... not to be missed, and you are all invited ... but as usual it will be on a first come ... first served basis.

Hope to see you at the OTTI 19 TeaTable!

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22808
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: OTTI 3 Day Notification Topic!

Postby lordmage » Jun 20th, '13, 14:28

Chip wrote:
BrooklynBrew wrote:
Chip wrote:What do golfballs and Shincha OTTI have in common?

First to guess and post correctly will receive one *BONUS* selection!


Each group of shincha selections weighs as much as a golf ball?

The answer I was looking for is that they are both sold by the dozen ... so to speak. :mrgreen:

i hope your not talking a bakers dozen of 13

lordmage
Posts: 45
Joined: Jun 08, '13
Location: Baltimore , Md


Today's Poll



Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest