May 2nd, '13, 13:10

Re: What Is Your Favorite Tea To Use In Iced Tea?

by Teaism » May 2nd, '13, 13:10

Hi M

Thanks for sharing the interesting article.

Have a good day. Cheers!

May 2nd, '13, 13:44
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 2nd, '13, 13:44

A good medium grade sencha (or even a blend of various Japanese teas. If I am not going to drink this right away, I add a touch of honey which acts as a natural preservative, maintaining the flavor, aroma, and appearance.

A blend of higher elevation selections from Darjeeling, Nepal, Ceylon, etc. But no Assam! Has a nice clean, fruity thing going on.

May 4th, '13, 01:04

by Muadeeb » May 4th, '13, 01:04

Chip wrote:A good medium grade sencha (or even a blend of various Japanese teas. If I am not going to drink this right away, I add a touch of honey which acts as a natural preservative, maintaining the flavor, aroma, and appearance.
I sweeten my iced tea with honey as well. I used to add it to my hot tea, but gradually weaned myself off of it.
Chip wrote:A blend of higher elevation selections from Darjeeling, Nepal, Ceylon, etc. But no Assam! Has a nice clean, fruity thing going on.
I've been drinking Ceylon for years and love it, but Assam always tasted like it was made for iced tea. As long as you made small batches and drank it quickly before it got cloudy.

May 4th, '13, 02:13

by MEversbergII » May 4th, '13, 02:13

What about matcha? A decent quality one, put in a large sealed jar and shaken up with ice cold (fridged) water? Or one shaken with hot water and chilled. What would be the ratio in grams of matcha to ml of water, you think?

M.

May 4th, '13, 07:57

by tecnanaut » May 4th, '13, 07:57

MEversbergII wrote:What about matcha? A decent quality one, put in a large sealed jar and shaken up with ice cold (fridged) water? Or one shaken with hot water and chilled. What would be the ratio in grams of matcha to ml of water, you think?

M.
Jing (UK) recommend this. I can't seem to find it at the moment on their website, but the label on their canisters say 1.5g per 160ml of 10C water.

+ Post Reply