Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

May 1st, '13, 17:29

Re: Official Pu of the day

by tenuki » May 1st, '13, 17:29

80s YinHao toucha. Fantastic. Got this 7? years ago when FLT first opened at their first location. It was so good then I got another one for a rainy day despite what I thought was a very high price ( not ). The first one's long gone. It's not raining today but what the heck....

This used to be so sweet and tart that one time I actually absentmindedly went over to the oven to get another cherry tart ( my ex wife used to bake them and leave them in the oven for me ). I was so confused when there weren't any in the oven and even no baking tin. Thinking about it I realized that taste in my mouth was from the tea and I hadn't just eaten a tart after all! lol.

Today that sweet is more in the background, with a very pleasant and balance herbal / mineral thing going on. More balanced and round. I'm going put this back in it's special hidy hole so it can keep doing whatever it's doing back there.

EDIT: 8 infusions in suddenly the herbal/mineral is fading into the background and the sweet is shyly moving forward.

May 1st, '13, 19:13

by AdamMY » May 1st, '13, 19:13

Last of my 2002 HOP Sample from Origin Tea. I just don't want to store/ move a lot of samples for the long run, so this had to get killed. Especially as it looks like I will be moving in the next 15 days or so.

May 1st, '13, 19:17

by futurebird » May 1st, '13, 19:17

Wow, hope the new digs are good, Adam.

Today I hosted a SHOWDOWN:

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18628

lots of photos. I had some fun.
Last edited by futurebird on May 2nd, '13, 08:07, edited 1 time in total.

May 2nd, '13, 07:39

by gasninja » May 2nd, '13, 07:39

AdamMY wrote:Last of my 2002 HOP Sample from Origin Tea. I just don't want to store/ move a lot of samples for the long run, so this had to get killed. Especially as it looks like I will be moving in the next 15 days or so.
How was it? I have a sample of this and the 01 HOP on the way.

May 2nd, '13, 09:57

by MarshalN » May 2nd, '13, 09:57

gasninja wrote:
AdamMY wrote:Last of my 2002 HOP Sample from Origin Tea. I just don't want to store/ move a lot of samples for the long run, so this had to get killed. Especially as it looks like I will be moving in the next 15 days or so.
I tried it and it's good enough

May 2nd, '13, 12:12

by shah82 » May 2nd, '13, 12:12

happy 2000th post, MarshalN.

May 2nd, '13, 12:19

by MarshalN » May 2nd, '13, 12:19

Indeed!

May 2nd, '13, 12:29

by AdamMY » May 2nd, '13, 12:29

gasninja wrote:
I like the 2002 HOP, though I guess that should come with an asterisk. The tea itself as it stands now I do not think is great. It has a lot of good feelings associated with it, but it just seems in its awkward teenage years. In my completely basically uninformed opinion as a puerh dabbler, I think it has good potential for 5-10 years down the line. But as a drink now cake it would be almost a chore.

May 2nd, '13, 16:28

by puerhking » May 2nd, '13, 16:28

09 Long Yuan Hao Jingmai Shan

Mostly hay, grain and bean notes. Good chaqi...making me sweat. A bit more subtle and nuanced than most Dayi cakes I've tried. Decent session.

May 2nd, '13, 21:16
Vendor Member

by ethan » May 2nd, '13, 21:16

2000 CNNP (excellent grade) shu brick: This is really good & rescues me from feeling foolish. (I sometimes wonder why I keep trying pu which I usually dislike.) The soup's aroma is not overpowering & of earth (not swamp). The flavor is fairly dynamic; feels good in the belly.

May 3rd, '13, 15:56

by puerhking » May 3rd, '13, 15:56

2011 - Chawangpu Yiwu Zheng Shan

Pours a light yellow. Granary notes with freshly baked bread. Good qi. Has a bit of an acidic note on the finish. Overall enjoyable.

May 3rd, '13, 23:40

by debunix » May 3rd, '13, 23:40

Another happy session with the 2008 Bambol-aged Yi Wu puerh from Norbu. I enjoyed my first order of this tea so much I got another 250gm, and it continues to be reliably sweet, caramel, earthy, occasionally a bit touchy if overbrewed to bitterness at the start of a session, but overall very forgiving and pleasant puerh.

May 3rd, '13, 23:54

by seollasido » May 3rd, '13, 23:54

Going through my YS order... slowly but surely.

I drank the 2002 Yong Pin Hao sample just now (6g in a 80ml pot). The flavor is... interesting, it had a tamer version of flavors that I'd associate with younger sheng (specifically the sweetness) without much of what I'd expect from other Yi wu sheng from this age (Golden Unicorn from Bana or the Zipin from Wisteria). Very curious now since I also do have a 2004 sample to compare this with too, so I guess I'm now looking forward to trying this next.

The tea also lasted quite a bit, going through over ten infusions before having to have it infuse for many minutes at a time. Decent energy too.

May 4th, '13, 13:49

by Keiki » May 4th, '13, 13:49

puerhking wrote:09 Long Yuan Hao Jingmai Shan

Mostly hay, grain and bean notes. Good chaqi...making me sweat. A bit more subtle and nuanced than most Dayi cakes I've tried. Decent session.
I also have that cake and I am drinking it today... I also found that it has chaqi, it was more noticeable on an empty stomach :P sometimes I would feel a pleasant numbness after drinking this. I became quite fond of its taste after a while but I didn't like it in the beginning. Thanks for your tasting notes Puerhking, as a newbie I would describe it as hay and maybe "woody" lol :lol:

May 4th, '13, 13:58

by lordsbm » May 4th, '13, 13:58

Keiki wrote:I also have that cake and I am drinking it today... I also found that it has chaqi, it was more noticeable on an empty stomach :P sometimes I would feel a pleasant numbness after drinking this. I became quite fond of its taste after a while but I didn't like it in the beginning. Thanks for your tasting notes Puerhking, as a newbie I would describe it as hay and maybe "woody" lol :lol:
LYH is labeled as tuition tea in China online tea community. This just shows it doesn't matter what others says. The truth is in your own taste and experience. As long as you enjoyed it, worth the money spent, it's good tea. :lol:

+ Post Reply