Aleksei; SOLD: Pewter Dragon Yixing Pot

"Retired" Swaps SubForum

Aleksei; SOLD: Pewter Dragon Yixing Pot

Postby Aleksei » May 4th, '13, 00:43

The pot and box are both in excellent condition, and the pot/strainer was never used, only displayed.
Asking for 50 dollars with free UPS ground shipping with tracking number.
20oz

This is a modern pot bought from Teavana in 2009.

Last edited by Aleksei on Jun 17th, '13, 06:22, edited 2 times in total.
Aleksei

Re: Aleksei; OFFER: Pewter Dragon Yixing Pot

Postby Maitre_Tea » May 4th, '13, 01:24

Do you have any more information about this pot? Where did you get it? Is it something old or modern?
User avatar Maitre_Tea
Contact Maitre_Tea:

Aleksei; OFFER: Pewter Dragon Yixing Pot

Postby Exempt » May 4th, '13, 12:59

Exempt

Postby Hannah » May 8th, '13, 20:23

"bought from Teavana in 2009."

So I'm guessing this wouldn't be genuine clay? or do teavana actually stock genuine yixing?
User avatar Hannah
Contact Hannah:

Postby Exempt » May 9th, '13, 19:50

Hannah wrote:"bought from Teavana in 2009."

So I'm guessing this wouldn't be genuine clay? or do teavana actually stock genuine yixing?

I came to the same assumption
Exempt

Postby Aleksei » May 9th, '13, 21:15

I know that they are imported from China, there is a sticker near the maker's stamp that says hand made in China, and their website also says that the clay comes from a certain region. However, I can't confirm that it is or isn't genuine clay otherwise. I have never used the pot itself, it was displayed.
Aleksei

Postby gingkoseto » May 12th, '13, 13:40

You can probably try to sell it on ebay and make sure to include "Teavana" in the listing title.

Once I sold a friend's teavana cast iron teapot (used) on my ebay account, started with $0.99 and thought it would go for about $20 (the market price on ebay for non-extraordinary cast iron teapot, 3 years ago). It was sold for something like $80, and was a bidding battle between several people :shock: I was so jealous! :cry: At that time, I sold quite a few good (non-Teavana) teapots for less than $20 on ebay.
User avatar gingkoseto
Vendor Member

Postby Chip » May 12th, '13, 16:15

gingkoseto wrote:You can probably try to sell it on ebay and make sure to include "Teavana" in the listing title.

Once I sold a friend's teavana cast iron teapot (used) on my ebay account, started with $0.99 and thought it would go for about $20 (the market price on ebay for non-extraordinary cast iron teapot, 3 years ago). It was sold for something like $80, and was a bidding battle between several people :shock: I was so jealous! :cry: At that time, I sold quite a few good (non-Teavana) teapots for less than $20 on ebay.

That is interesting. Westerners like or even prefer "name brands" even if they are crap. :roll: I did not think that would carry over to Teavana brand items. :!:
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Scrolling: scrolling

Postby Evan Draper » May 13th, '13, 13:21

gingkoseto wrote: a friend's teavana cast iron teapot (used)

Teavana salespeople make a big deal about their pots acquiring a patina, such that "you can put hot water in them after a while and it will come out tea!" So anyone looking for a teavana pot on ebay probably thinks it has magically acquired a legendary, tea-generating patina after a few uses, making it much more valuable, never mind that an enamel-coated "tetsubin" is not doing much, patina-wise. Make sure you insinuate your pot is well-used! :lol:
User avatar Evan Draper
Contact Evan Draper:

Postby Aleksei » Jun 17th, '13, 06:21

gingkoseto wrote:You can probably try to sell it on ebay and make sure to include "Teavana" in the listing title.

Thanks for the suggestion, I put it on ebay and sold it to someone living in the next town over for 20 dollars, the pot was worth at least 40 IMO.
Aleksei

Today's Poll

Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest