Shincha OTTI 2013 AKA OTTI 18

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.

Re: Shincha OTTI 2013 AKA OTTI 18

Postby infinite333 » May 3rd, '13, 23:33

Email sent, very excited for this one!
infinite333

Postby javi_sanchez » May 3rd, '13, 23:53

Email resent since the first one was botched by me. Can't wait!
javi_sanchez

Postby Chip » May 4th, '13, 00:16

OK, I sent a prelim reply to each participant. Sorry for lack of personalization ... but I wanted to get back to everyone asap!

As I stated in the email, you should receive an order confirmation along with payment info on Saturday ... today. If not today, then Sunday.

If you did not receive a reply email, you should resend it in the event I did not receive your first try ... teachatmoderator@yahoo.com
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » May 4th, '13, 00:16

Chip wrote:Still room at the ShinchaTable! Please join us ... :!: :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen:

... still virtual seats open!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Remick » May 4th, '13, 01:09

Chip,

I know that Den's is still taking pre-orders for Kunpu and Houryoku. Plus Sugimoto's Hachiju-Hachiya is another 88-night. So... how far into May do you think it will be before you would be able to mail this round out? Couple weeks perhaps?

Yes, I'm impatient. :lol:
Remick

Postby victoria3 » May 4th, '13, 01:40

Hi Remick, 88 night was plucked May 2nd so it should be in process. In Asia Spring Equinox begins February 4th and ends May 5. For this OTTI there are so many interesting sinchas ... The wait is worth the guests ...
victoria3

Postby Remick » May 4th, '13, 02:16

victoria3 wrote:Hi Remick, 88 night was plucked May 2nd so it should be in process. In Asia Spring Equinox begins February 4th and ends May 5. For this OTTI there are so many interesting sinchas ... The wait is worth the guests ...

Agreed, this is absolutely worth waiting for.

Shincha Kunpu will be shipped to you as it becomes available (around May 13th) -denstea.com

The above is why I raised the question. Assuming Chip gets it the 15th, there still needs to be time allotted for weighing, packing, and shipping. That's why I assumed ~ 3 weeks or so. BUT, Chip would know far more about the timing than I, hence the question.
Remick

Postby Paolo » May 4th, '13, 06:58

Email sent :)
Paolo

Postby Chip » May 4th, '13, 08:31

Remick wrote:
victoria3 wrote:Hi Remick, 88 night was plucked May 2nd so it should be in process. In Asia Spring Equinox begins February 4th and ends May 5. For this OTTI there are so many interesting sinchas ... The wait is worth the guests ...

Agreed, this is absolutely worth waiting for.

Shincha Kunpu will be shipped to you as it becomes available (around May 13th) -denstea.com

The above is why I raised the question. Assuming Chip gets it the 15th, there still needs to be time allotted for weighing, packing, and shipping. That's why I assumed ~ 3 weeks or so. BUT, Chip would know far more about the timing than I, hence the question.

I should have all my ducks in a row by then. Shincha does not all come out at once, nature of the beast. A lot are picked as you move northward in May. My goal is to have all teas processed and waiting for the last stragglers. There will likely be a few.

Til then, everything will be in the TeaFridge ... assuming it all fits. :mrgreen:

Packages coming from Japan to me are all being shipped via EMS.

After this round I will evaluate the process and consider any possible changes for next year's Shincha.

This year I had considered doing an early and late round versus how I split this up. But it turns out it really did not matter too much as still 90% of participants are doing all 12!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » May 4th, '13, 11:28

Thanks again everyone who is participating! Participation has been quite ... brisk. :mrgreen:

I have replied to everyone so far ... please let me know immediately if you have not received a reply!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just finished a status check. We are beginning to get low on Group 2 and 3.

If my tabulations are correct there are:

Group 1: 11 sets available

Group 2: 5 sets available

Group 3: 7 sets available
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » May 5th, '13, 14:26

Happy Shincha de Mayo!

After the wild first few hours :shock: , the pace has slowed down quite a bit 8) . So there are still seats at the Shincha-OTTI table (and I know there will be a lot of "... must sit down" moments!!

By my best guestimate ...

Group 1: 6 sets available
Group 2: maybe 2
Group 3: 3 sets available

Only 2 complete sets available!

So, new participants are still welcome!

And if you are already a participant, you can ... increase ... your participation. :wink:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » May 5th, '13, 14:42

:!: :idea: ... the next two new orders or added to orders will also receive a "Bonus selection!" :idea: :!: :arrow:

Email now at teachatmoderator@yahoo.com
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Muadeeb » May 5th, '13, 14:48

Chip wrote::!: :idea: ... the next two new orders or added to orders will also receive a "Bonus selection!" :idea: :!: :arrow:

Email now at teachatmoderator@yahoo.com

I just sent you an email for a group 3, and a bonus, I hope! I would have gotten the full set, but I'm awaiting a Shincha Shipment from Den's already.
Muadeeb

Postby Chip » May 5th, '13, 14:51

... got it!

And a bonus for you too. :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby edkrueger » May 5th, '13, 15:37

Email sent. Maybe I'm too late.
edkrueger

PreviousNext