May 13th, '13, 13:32

Abracadaver! OFFER: Yixing and Taiwanese Teapots, Tea Pet

by Abracadaver! » May 13th, '13, 13:32

Hello, all. I'm trying to clear up some shelf space and find some of my seldom/never used teaware a home where they will get the use they deserve.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions, or to get a shipping estimate. I'm open to trades as well, so if you have anything you'd like to trade, please let me know.

Also, please note, the color is *slightly* more yellow in these photos than in real life.
Thanks for looking!

1: 130ml Hong Ni Teapot, Modern, 10 hole filter.
Price: sold

I used this teapot lightly with roasted TGY. Tight lid fit, good pour, and an interesting texture.
Yixing Teapot

2: 100ml Duan Ni Bamboo Teapot, Modern, 7 hole filter.
Price: $50 plus shipping.

Normally, I don't go for the more stylized-type teapots, but there was something really appealing about the half-moon shape with the bamboo details. Water pours like a canon from the spout. Used with ripe puerh.
Bamboo Duan Ni Yixing

3: 150ml Barrel-shaped Teapot, Modern, single hole filter w/ metal filter.
Price: $35 plus shipping.

I'm not sure what the clay is on this one (something with a lot of sand). Apparently, the label in Chinese says what clay it is, but I never got it translated. Nice thick walls and a good feel in the hand. It's modern, but it has the feel of something older. Used lightly with raw ouerh.

Please note: There are two surface cracks where the "knob" meets the lid (see photos). I believe that these are either from when the teapot was drying or from firing (thoughts from the potters on the board?). At any rate, they appear to be just cosmetic, as the knob is completely solid and sound and won't be coming apart.
Barrel Yixing Teapot
Barrel Yixing Details - Cracks

4: 220ml XiShi Teapot, 7 hole filter

This is a funny one. It's definitely a mass-produced teapot, but of much better quality than most I've seen. The clay has a nice feel, the pour is smooth and the lid fit tight. I picked this one up as a gift for a friend who was wanting to try out GongFu-style tea, but who ended up getting a much nicer pot in the mean time. It's a great inexpensive starter pot if you don't mind the volume. It's been cleaned, boiled and prepped, but is otherwise unused.
Large Yixing Teapot

5: 120ml Purion Teapot from Lin's Ceramic Studio Taiwan, single hole filter with metal filter.

I hate to get rid of this one, but I just don't use it often enough. Purion seems to have a sweetening effect on the water, and this particular pot pairs really well with raw puerh. It has the nicest metal filter I've ever seen on the interior.
Purion Teapot

6: 50ml Taiwanese XiShi Teapot, ball filter.

This is another strange one. The clay looks very sandy, but is incredibly smooth and thin. High fired, perfect lid fit, and a great pour. The curlicue on the handle makes it very easy to hold and pour. Not sure about the details of it's manufacture, other than that it's made from Taiwanese clay and is wheel-thrown.
Small Taiwanese Teapot

7: Wealth Toad Tea Pet

This muppet-like tea pet is made by one of Li Qiang's apprentices. It is a solid, heavy piece of clay, and clicks and blows bubbles when hot water is poured over it.
Wealth Toad Tea Mascot by Apprentice of Li Qiang

That's it! If you've made it this far, thanks again for looking!
Last edited by Abracadaver! on Aug 8th, '13, 19:50, edited 2 times in total.

Jun 28th, '13, 13:01

Re: Abracadaver! OFFER: Yixing and Taiwanese Teapots, Tea Pet

by Abracadaver! » Jun 28th, '13, 13:01

Prices have been dropped on the remaining items!

Jul 22nd, '13, 22:44

by Abracadaver! » Jul 22nd, '13, 22:44

Just two pots and the tea pet left. I'd love to find them a home, so I've cut the prices one last time. Thanks for looking!

Jul 24th, '13, 21:24

Abracadaver! OFFER: Yixing and Taiwanese Teapots, Tea Pet

by Poseidon » Jul 24th, '13, 21:24

Beautiful pots. Wish I needed an extra!

Jul 31st, '13, 11:13

by GARCH » Jul 31st, '13, 11:13

PM sent for the cute toad!