May 17th, '13, 03:30

exquisite: FOR SALE-Lin´s Ceramics Kettle, Stove, Burner

by exquisite » May 17th, '13, 03:30

Hi everybody,

After 2 years spent in the box without being used, hope to find a new home for this baby.

It´s a complete (kettle,stove,burner) set ,bought back in dec 2010 from Lin´s Ceramics in Taiwan.
J1Y pale yellow kettle
J1-1Y adjustable stove (can control frame condition and use alcohol liquid)
P1 - alcohol burner

The kettle capacity is 2 liters (maybe a little more, not sure)
The burner doesn´t work very well. I only used it twice, it takes more than 2 hours to boil 2 liters of water. It might need cleaning or readjusting.
The kettle itself is usable on all type of heat sources - I used it on electric stoves and open flame (gas, a.i. butane, propane) without any issues. Anyway, caution is advised not to operate it with sudden high temps, only medium flame, etc.

The kettle has been initially treated by boiling rice porridge twice , for the pores to be properly closed. This procedure is suggested by the manufacturer. The handle has been treated with linseed (flaxseed) oil and olive oil to prevent cracking.
The total number of uses is approx 30 sessions.
It has never seen tap water or other heavy mineralised waters, the only one I use for teas is Bezoya,http://www.mineralwaters.org/index.php? ... parval=460

Functionally and aesthetically impeccable (showing only the signs of wear normal for its low mileage)

I paid 290 USD (230 euro) with all taxes and shipping from Taiwan back in December 2010. I have the pdf invoice would have to search for the paper one . It´s sitting in the box unused since around june 2011. Located in Madrid,Spain which is pretty dry weather, no chance of mold here.

Looking for 170 euro + shipping anywhere in Europe. I would avoid shipping anywhere else as the price would go up and might not worth it.

Here´s a set of pics a took 2 days ago :
http://imageshack.us/g/1/10152224/

Pm for any other questions or details.

Thanks!

May 23rd, '13, 09:06

Re: exquisite FOR SALE - Lin´s Ceramics Kettle+Stove+Burner set

by exquisite » May 23rd, '13, 09:06

Hi,

I´m dropping the price at 150 euro (+paypal tax + shipping).
I´ve been out the loop for a while, but I remember the Lin´s ceramics being quite well appreciated some 2 years ago.

Shipping for USA is 42euro and for Europe 30euro .(certified, insured and tracked).

I have a medium sized box full of other ceramics and tea tools I want to sell, but this one is the first who has to go, takes up too much space for an unused item and I am not a collector either.

Thanks,

May 23rd, '13, 17:42

Re: exquisite: FOR SALE-Lin´s Ceramics Kettle, Stove, Burner

by exquisite » May 23rd, '13, 17:42

Sold!