NC boy in Brussels

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

May 18th, '13, 15:32

NC boy in Brussels

by Kabouterke » May 18th, '13, 15:32

Hi there!

I'm originally from North Carolina but I've been living in Europe for about five years... 1 year in Maastricht, Netherlands, 3 year in Limburg, Belgium and I am now currently living in Brussels, Belgium. I currently work as a translator and a Dutch and English teacher, but I will be studying for a masters in Policy Analysis from the University of Leuven next year.

About a year ago on a weekend trip in Paris, I stopped by the legendary French tea house, Mariage Frères, to see if it lives up to its hype. It does. I've always been a fan of oolongs and decided to buy some (painfully expensive) Dong Ding tea that they had received 1 week before I was there. When I got home and gave it a try, my entire understanding of what tea could taste like was completely changed. The liquor was drippping of honey and caramel flavors with gardenia notes and the nose was so delicate and heavenly. It completely blew me away...

Ever since then I have only purchased same-season teas from my local tea suppliers. I love oolongs but I'm open to trying all types of teas... as long as it's fresh!

I decided to join this forum because I want to understand the world of tea better and it seems like you all have quite a bit of knowledge to share. I recently just assembled a gaiwan/pitcher/cup set that will hopefully arrive via mail soon, so I am sure you will be seeing quite a few questions from me on the forum in the next few weeks.

I look forward to chatting with you all!

Best, Kabouterke

May 18th, '13, 18:20

Re: NC boy in Brussels

by amaranto » May 18th, '13, 18:20

Welcome! I also like Dong Ding a lot and try to keep some on the shelf at all times.

May 18th, '13, 19:05

by ole » May 18th, '13, 19:05

Welcome!
And I actually think ding dong was the first oolong I bought as well, still a favourite.

May 19th, '13, 01:49
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 19th, '13, 01:49

Welcome to TeaChat, Kabouterke!

Glad you joined us, I am looking forward to following your TeaJourney on the forum!

Bottoms, up! :mrgreen:

May 19th, '13, 13:44

by Suutej_Tsaj » May 19th, '13, 13:44

Kabouterke wrote:Ever since then I have only purchased same-season teas from my local tea suppliers. I love oolongs but I'm open to trying all types of teas... as long as it's fresh!

Best, Kabouterke
Come to the green side, we have (matcha) cookies! :mrgreen:
Welcome aboard!

May 20th, '13, 05:08

by Risdt » May 20th, '13, 05:08

Nice to see somebody else who is from Belgium! Always welcome to have a cup of tea together, I'll be happy to finaly have someone to drink tea with :lol: Enjoy your stay on the forum!

+ Post Reply