Celestial Seasonings Herbal Teas

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

May 17th, '13, 00:21

Celestial Seasonings Herbal Teas

by cp12321 » May 17th, '13, 00:21

I have not tried a brand of herbal teas that I thought really even came close to CS in flavor. I love all of their Zinger flavors! Does anyone else here like this brand's herbals as well? And does anyone have another preference for herbal tea?

May 17th, '13, 00:22

Re: Celestial Seasonings Herbal Teas

by debunix » May 17th, '13, 00:22

I like their zingers so much I went out and bought most of the herbs listed on the labels and play with them to make my own.

May 17th, '13, 15:13

by Evan Draper » May 17th, '13, 15:13

debunix wrote:make my own.
Good idea.
https://glaucusresearch.com/wp-content/ ... 1_2013.pdf

May 17th, '13, 18:05
Scrolling: scrolling

by Devoted135 » May 17th, '13, 18:05

debunix wrote:make my own.
I need to get on this bandwagon.
:shock: :? :evil:

May 22nd, '13, 02:26

by cp12321 » May 22nd, '13, 02:26

What makes you so sure other popular tea brands don't do similar things, if in fact it is true?

And yeah, because the FDA are so very trustworthy. = )

At any rate, there is no replacement for the zinger teas that I know of. And convenience is a priority for me as I don't always have much time.

May 22nd, '13, 11:15

by Evan Draper » May 22nd, '13, 11:15

Well, if you think the FDA is lying to us about the safety of these pesticides, (not to mention the European Union,) and you are interested in convenience, maybe you should just drink propachlor straight.

May 22nd, '13, 12:21

by debunix » May 22nd, '13, 12:21

cp12321 wrote:At any rate, there is no replacement for the zinger teas that I know of.
Seriously, it is not difficult to make your own zingers--if you have access to a health food store with a fair selection of herbs and spices. The principal 'zing' comes from the hibiscus. Once you've assembled the relevant ingredients, a few experiments to get the quantities right, scale it right up, whirl the ingredients in a blender or food processor or hand chop them a bit, and you've got a nice blend you can dip into as needed. It's EASY to prepare a vast quantity of this stuff at a time--I've prepped big batches for holiday gifts, for example, always well received, and these dried ingredients keep very well.

May 22nd, '13, 19:11

by cp12321 » May 22nd, '13, 19:11

Well, after all, the FDA have direct ties to the prescription drug companies, so perhaps they do have a bit of incentive to not want people trying more natural approaches such as herbal teas for certain ailments. And hey, if you're gonna go, why not go big? Go after the most popular herbal tea brand why don't ya? I'm just not ready to swallow this.

It's unfortunate that I didn't get more responses that were on topic. I guess not many here like herbal tea?

May 22nd, '13, 19:19

by amaranto » May 22nd, '13, 19:19

While I don't drink a lot of herbal teas—I do like rooibos a lot—, I sent some gifts to friends recently consisting of various tisanes from Steven Smith Teamaker. They really liked them, and they're more the herbal-tea type.

Why don't you check out this site to see if you find anything to your taste?

http://www.smithtea.com/shop/herbal/

I've only tried the rooibos, honeybush, and Lord Bergamot by this company, and I have to say they are quite fresh. I have no doubt they're fresher than Celestial Seasonings's teas. You can order most of them loose leaf or in bags, and you might even make your own blends if you choose.

I hope this helps!

May 23rd, '13, 19:23

by cp12321 » May 23rd, '13, 19:23

Thanks amaranto! I had never heard of this brand before.

Aug 6th, '14, 13:56

by Sarai » Aug 6th, '14, 13:56

I agree that Celestial Seasonings is among some of the best brands sold at the grocery store for herbal tea. My favorites are Black Cherry Berry, Country Peach Passion, Wild Berry Zinger, Raspberry Zinger and True Blueberry. Of course you can't go wrong with their Fruit Tea Sampler and their Herbal Tea Sampler. Oh, and I absolutely love their Gingerbread Spice Herbal Tea that they sell during the holidays(it's what inspired me to try the higher-end version: the Zingiber Ginger Coconut Rooibos Tea from Teavana).

Aug 6th, '14, 14:01

by daidokorocha » Aug 6th, '14, 14:01

It is interesting that everybody likes the zingers so much. I had a sample mix pack of Celestial Seasonings once in my life and the lemon zinger made me gag and I had to throw it out. Perhaps I'd try one of debunix's home mixes though if he would be willing to sell.

Aug 6th, '14, 15:20

by Sarai » Aug 6th, '14, 15:20

daidokorocha wrote:It is interesting that everybody likes the zingers so much. I had a sample mix pack of Celestial Seasonings once in my life and the lemon zinger made me gag and I had to throw it out. Perhaps I'd try one of debunix's home mixes though if he would be willing to sell.
It could also be the general fact that plenty of people don't enjoy lemon in their tea and it's quite overrated, and not really necessarily the fault of the zinger itself. I personally think so. :D

PS: Unless I'm looking for a flavored tea that will give off a similar taste to a Lemonade type of drink.....I usually stay far, far away from lemon tea. Ugh.

Aug 6th, '14, 15:52

by daidokorocha » Aug 6th, '14, 15:52

Funnily enough, the pack also had a lemon tea in it which I did not mind one bit! Lemon teas can be hit or miss though. I've only had a few in my life but I don't generally mind them.

Aug 6th, '14, 16:14

by debunix » Aug 6th, '14, 16:14

I have no interest in selling tea mixes--but am happy to share a recipe for them. If there is interest, I'll post some photos of various tea mixes like this one I prepared for a caramel popcorn sauce--not an herbal tea, but an example of something easy for me to put together:

If herbal tisane ingredients in a photo like this were labeled, would that help?

+ Post Reply