Best place to buy Long Jing from

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 11th, '13, 14:55

Best place to buy Long Jing from

by Vertigo » May 11th, '13, 14:55

Hi guys,

Where would be the best place to buy this season's Long Jing from please? The best quality if possible?

Thanks everyone

May 11th, '13, 23:10

Re: Best place to buy Long Jing from

by Joel Byron » May 11th, '13, 23:10

I just ordered from Teatrekker. They have 4 selections from different villages in the Longjing harvesting region. I haven't gotten the order yet so I can't speak of quality, but I would imagine the quality is similar to other western vendors. I ordered the Dafo and Shi Feng Longjings to try. I should have the order by the middle of next week, so I'll try to post about the tea after I try it.

May 12th, '13, 02:33

by tenuki » May 12th, '13, 02:33

I get mine locally, but I used to order a lot of chinese greens from teaspring before I found the local source and was never disappointed. Other reliable sources are jing, postcard, sevencups. ymmv.

May 12th, '13, 16:48

by sherubtse » May 12th, '13, 16:48

Joel Byron wrote:I just ordered from Teatrekker. They have 4 selections from different villages in the Longjing harvesting region. I haven't gotten the order yet so I can't speak of quality, but I would imagine the quality is similar to other western vendors. I ordered the Dafo and Shi Feng Longjings to try. I should have the order by the middle of next week, so I'll try to post about the tea after I try it.
I would love to order from Teatrekker, but their shipping fees to Canada are outrageous. :(

Best wishes,
sherubtse

May 12th, '13, 19:34

by Jangular.Khaari » May 12th, '13, 19:34

I get mine from a local tea store in Ottawa called World of Tea. It's run by a couple that travels every year to Asia and India for their teas, particularly to smaller niche tea gardens. They've always had very good quality tea in my experience. They haven't launched their website for purchasing yet, but I imagine now that the new tea season has started they'll be vamping that up. For now, they've only done phone orders, but as far as the Ottawa area goes (not sure whereabouts in Canada you're at?), they're the best vendor that I've found to date. Their Anji Bai Cha came in just on Friday, and the Long Jing they told me would be in this week.

May 13th, '13, 14:07

by Evan Draper » May 13th, '13, 14:07

I got some really nice longjing last year, which was assuredly from Shi Feng, came in a pleather box. I drank it, and it had that lovely sweetness that I hitherto had associated with Maojian and other greens. It didn't have that nutty sourness that I associate with longjing. It occured to me that I could get that sweet flavor more reliably from a maojian at a cheaper price. This is all to say, what do you want in a longjing?

May 19th, '13, 06:06

by jbu2 » May 19th, '13, 06:06

http://shop.amazing-green-tea.com/dragon-well-tea.html

didn't try they're dragon well but generally speaking i find them to be good chinese tea vendor.

May 23rd, '13, 04:09

by jbu2 » May 23rd, '13, 04:09

have you decided since ?

+ Post Reply