Pouchong

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Jan 18th, '08, 08:07

Pouchong

by yukondoit » Jan 18th, '08, 08:07

I'm wondering how close pouchong actually is to green tea -- and if it carries at least almost as many health benefits? Or does the oxidation process (even the very beginning) nix most of the health benefits had by green tea?

Adagio's pouchong and Golden Moon's Coconut Pouchong are both amazing, for anyone who wants something deliciously sweet and light.
----------------------->
Jessica
author+tea >> tea news, reviews & info
http://authoritea.blogspot.com

Jan 18th, '08, 09:17

Re: Pouchong

by hop_goblin » Jan 18th, '08, 09:17

yukondoit wrote:I'm wondering how close pouchong actually is to green tea -- and if it carries at least almost as many health benefits? Or does the oxidation process (even the very beginning) nix most of the health benefits had by green tea?

Adagio's pouchong and Golden Moon's Coconut Pouchong are both amazing, for anyone who wants something deliciously sweet and light.
Pouchong is not green tea as they have different processing. However, I am sure that if their is any decline of the benefits due to processing, I would have to say that they are possibly quite nominal as it is a very light oolong. Besides, both green and black have health benefits so don't worry just Drink up!

Jan 18th, '08, 09:58

by yukondoit » Jan 18th, '08, 09:58

Yes, I know both are healthy. Actually I don't really drink tea because it's healthy, I was just curious about the ratio of oxidation to polyphenols remaining in the tea.
----------------------->
Jessica

Jan 18th, '08, 11:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Jan 18th, '08, 11:57

I love baozhong too, it's one of my favorites. I find it interesting that despite its very light oxidation (the lightest of all oolongs, IIRC), it is able to tolerate boiling water and still retain its fresh, sweet, light flavor. Mmm! As for the health benefits, I doubt it's much different than green tea, but I don't really know.
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Jan 18th, '08, 12:04

by yukondoit » Jan 18th, '08, 12:04

Pouchong and Jade Oolong are my two favorites, and I've really been trying to diversify but I struggle with pure green tea. Pouchong and Jade are both naturally sweet and have a lot of flavor....so hopefully there is SOME health benefit vs. green tea!
----------------------->
Jessica

Jan 20th, '08, 16:07
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 20th, '08, 16:07

Pouchings can be so amazing, love them. It is almost like a green Taiwanese tea. Love the light sweet fragrance. Really refreshing.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

+ Post Reply