May 26th, '13, 17:26

C. Sinensis V. Sinensis Cultivar Yabukita and Sae Midori

by Senchamatcha » May 26th, '13, 17:26

I know of a show where I can (and have purchased) C. S. Sinensis seeds but I believe they are more or less Zairai.
Does anyone know a place where one can purchase Yabukita or Sae Midori seeds/plants?

May 26th, '13, 19:05
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: C. Sinensis V. Sinensis Cultivar Yabukita and Sae Midori

by Chip » May 26th, '13, 19:05

Good luck in your search!

I do not know, but remember before forking $$$ over that Yabukita and Sae Midori are specific cultivars, not simply varietals. So if you buy seeds so labeled, they are not going to produce the exact clone, and plants so produced should not be labeled Yabukita nor Sae Midori.

The cultivars must be reproduced asexually in order to produce exact clones that can be named Yabukita or Sae Midori.

May 26th, '13, 19:15

Re: C. Sinensis V. Sinensis Cultivar Yabukita and Sae Midori

by Senchamatcha » May 26th, '13, 19:15

Thanks Chip. :lol: Le sigh. I was hoping to find seeds that have been... Manually pollunated, making them nearly Identical to the parent yabukitas or sae midori. I know they wont be clones but they should have similar flavor characteristics. I care not if some are a bit shorter or taller than others when they grow up. I guess i am looking for a glass needle in a hay stack?

Seeds are cheaper than plants. $25 (in general thats what i see C. S. V. Sinensis selling for) for a 6-12" plant is too much $$ for one plant. I would rather raise seeds so that I can trim them properly as they grow. Which is why I am looking for seeds more so than plants or cuttings.

+ Post Reply