google plus links?

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

google plus links?

Postby debunix » May 27th, '13, 13:47

Yet again I've found an image I'd like to link to on a google plus page, and the forum doesn't handle the link like I expect.

If I just put the link in the usual way--using the URL button (and here substituting curly brackets for the square only to demonstrate the problem)--the link shows up as blank, so that

{url=https://plus.google.com/photos/118236217383388152705/albums/5565827393495618369/5882574589700927762?banner=pwa&pid=5882574589700927762&oid=118236217383388152705}cool pot{/url}

shows up as blank space

cool pot

instead of the words

cool pot

being blue/underlined/clickable.

I have tried making a tinyurl of the same thing, but the tinyurl version, done like this

{url=http://tinyurl.com/os2y8q7}cool pot{/url}

at first also came up goofy as I originally previewed it in my attempted reply in the desired topic, but here seems to be working

cool pot

What might be the problem with these google+ links?

User avatar debunix
Posts: 5776
Joined: Jan 10, '10
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact debunix:

Re: google plus links?

Postby Chip » May 27th, '13, 19:15

It appears to be working now in your post, unless I am missing something. Maybe just a hiccup ...

cool pot

The above is clickable ...

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22808
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: google plus links?

Postby debunix » May 27th, '13, 21:44

The tiny url works, but the first part, the actual google plus link, is coming out BLANK. I did repeat it right below the place where I demonstrated what it looks like with the curly brackets.

Reply to my first message with quote and see what I mean.

User avatar debunix
Posts: 5776
Joined: Jan 10, '10
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact debunix:

Re: google plus links?

Postby AdamMY » May 27th, '13, 21:56

debunix wrote:The tiny url works, but the first part, the actual google plus link, is coming out BLANK. I did repeat it right below the place where I demonstrated what it looks like with the curly brackets.

Reply to my first message with quote and see what I mean.



They are both working here.
debunix wrote:Yet again I've found an image I'd like to link to on a google plus page, and the forum doesn't handle the link like I expect.

If I just put the link in the usual way--using the URL button (and here substituting curly brackets for the square only to demonstrate the problem)--the link shows up as blank, so that

{url=https://plus.google.com/photos/118236217383388152705/albums/5565827393495618369/5882574589700927762?banner=pwa&pid=5882574589700927762&oid=118236217383388152705}cool pot{/url}

shows up as blank space

cool pot

instead of the words

cool pot

being blue/underlined/clickable.

I have tried making a tinyurl of the same thing, but the tinyurl version, done like this

{url=http://tinyurl.com/os2y8q7}cool pot{/url}

at first also came up goofy as I originally previewed it in my attempted reply in the desired topic, but here seems to be working

cool pot

What might be the problem with these google+ links?

User avatar AdamMY
Posts: 2376
Joined: Jul 22, '09
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Contact AdamMY:

Re: google plus links?

Postby debunix » May 27th, '13, 22:04

debunix wrote:shows up as blank space

cool pot

instead of the words


between 'space' and 'instead'

User avatar debunix
Posts: 5776
Joined: Jan 10, '10
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact debunix:

Re: google plus links?

Postby AdamMY » May 27th, '13, 22:19

Image
photo by Adam Yusko, on Flickr

yeah it is working.

User avatar AdamMY
Posts: 2376
Joined: Jul 22, '09
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Contact AdamMY:

Re: google plus links?

Postby Chip » May 27th, '13, 22:44

Yes, I was able to click on the "cool pot" link between space and instead which took me to Petr pots ... I suspect a conspiracy to drain our bank accounts. 8)

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22808
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: google plus links?

Postby debunix » May 27th, '13, 22:55

Ok then. Just checked that post with Safari, and it renders as I'd expect. So it's Firefox. Surreal.

User avatar debunix
Posts: 5776
Joined: Jan 10, '10
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact debunix:

Re: google plus links?

Postby AdamMY » May 27th, '13, 23:01

Oddly firefox is what I am using. I wish I could help, but all I figure it is either an OS and browser compability issue, or some weird setting is checked. Though what throws me for a loop is all other types of links work like that, and it is *only* the google plus links. :?

User avatar AdamMY
Posts: 2376
Joined: Jul 22, '09
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Contact AdamMY:

Re: google plus links?

Postby 茶藝-TeaArt08 » May 27th, '13, 23:09

Chip wrote:Yes, I was able to click on the "cool pot" link between space and instead which took me to Petr pots ... I suspect a conspiracy to drain our bank accounts. 8)
:lol:

I had the same thought, like I was lead into a trap I wanted to be caught within. :mrgreen:

User avatar 茶藝-TeaArt08
Posts: 503
Joined: May 11, '13
Location: Sacramento, California

Re: google plus links?

Postby debunix » May 27th, '13, 23:33

Reported it as a bug to Firefox.

User avatar debunix
Posts: 5776
Joined: Jan 10, '10
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact debunix:


Today's Poll



Community

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests