Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Jun 3rd, '13, 11:49

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by puerhking » Jun 3rd, '13, 11:49

2012 Spring Shan Lin Xi from FL -

Starting to oxidize a bit...but it's still enjoyable. One of my favs when it was fresh.

Jun 4th, '13, 00:51

by debunix » Jun 4th, '13, 00:51

Drinking more Rou Gui from my new Petr Novak 'tree bark' finish pot, which pot is giving off an amazing fruity floral aroma from the outside--like the best part of the tea aroma is being selectively passed through the clay. The tea is nice, but this aroma is just amazing.

Jun 4th, '13, 15:12

by Math » Jun 4th, '13, 15:12

Excellent Hong Kong roasted Shui Xian today. Loving this tea. Lots of Coffee, dark chocolate and nougat. Sour, spicy, with a great finish. Evolving. Brewed strong with lots of leaf in 70 ml zini pot.

Jun 4th, '13, 15:16
Vendor Member

by ethan » Jun 4th, '13, 15:16

Is "Hong Kong roasted" a tea term or is Hong Kong where it was roasted?

Jun 4th, '13, 15:21

by Math » Jun 4th, '13, 15:21

It was roasted in Hong Kong. :)

Jun 4th, '13, 16:15
Scrolling: scrolling

by Devoted135 » Jun 4th, '13, 16:15

Enjoying (and trying to get my coffee-drinking sister to enjoy) the 2012 Oriental Beauty from Origin Tea. I'm failing to come up with a way to describe the taste, but this is definitely my favorite tea right now. If my morning black tea doesn't watch out, it might get replaced! :D

Jun 4th, '13, 16:20

by sherubtse » Jun 4th, '13, 16:20

Devoted135 wrote:Enjoying (and trying to get my coffee-drinking sister to enjoy) the 2012 Oriental Beauty from Origin Tea. I'm failing to come up with a way to describe the taste, but this is definitely my favorite tea right now. If my morning black tea doesn't watch out, it might get replaced! :D
Yes, I quite enjoy a good Bai Hao oolong as well. I have one from TTC which I may well "crack open" tomorrow.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Jun 4th, '13, 18:09

by tenuki » Jun 4th, '13, 18:09

A really nice aged Baozhong from FLT - wasn't available on her website because she only brought a couple bags back and her regular customers bought them all the first day - wonderful stuff.

Flash infusions to start: chinese medicine, spicy herbal notes, date, plum and leather. Big round mouthfeel, persistant hiu guan and serious sweet and smooth aftertaste that will make you smile hours later.

This is an aged baozhong to Love! I'll be sooo sad when it's gone but this is the nature of life - do not cling to the future or past, cling to the present with all your might!

edit: second day of this session, at this point the brew time is around 15-20s, still going strong with no end in sight. I'm brewing it with boiling water and the gaiwan leaves have expanded to mostly fill the gaiwan but not pushing the lid up like I brew most gao shans - this tea seems to like a small bit of breathing room. It's nice to have a whole bag of a tea like this - gives you time to live with the tea, get to know it, have many fruitful conversations with it and yes, grieve it when it's gone. :D
Last edited by tenuki on Jun 6th, '13, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 4th, '13, 21:46

by dilettantea » Jun 4th, '13, 21:46

My first Phoenix/Dancong! Mt.Wudong Mi Lan Xiang from jkteashop. I can see why some people's first reaction to this tea is to think it has some fruit flavour added. It has a well defined fruity aroma and taste that nicely balances the roast. Its a kind of citrus aroma that for some reason reminds me of grapefruit. It has length too, the flavour persists in the mouth for some time.

Jun 6th, '13, 00:30

by debunix » Jun 6th, '13, 00:30

The little tree bark pot from Petr Novak does like Wuyi. Working on a lovely session with a Da Hong Pao from Norbu. Mmm. Still that sweetish scent from the pot--transmuting the tea into aroma gold. It's wild.

Jun 7th, '13, 09:38

by Risdt » Jun 7th, '13, 09:38

Just finished a session with origin's tea mid fire Lishan, didn't have a 'wow' feeling but it was a great overall tea. The roasting settled in nicely, no roughness to be found and smooth fruity flavours. Cannot wait to try the others! :D

Jun 7th, '13, 12:04
Vendor Member

by ethan » Jun 7th, '13, 12:04

Also from Origin, light-roast 2012 winter Lishan, Hua Gang: This tastes greener than the other light-roast I had from Origin. Pleased w/ vegetal flavor & very pleased by even better tastes that linger long after I'm finished drinking.

Jun 7th, '13, 21:23

by debunix » Jun 7th, '13, 21:23

Almost finished with the spring 2012 Ben Shan oolong from Yunnan Sourcing, and it will soon be time to order some spring green oolongs again. It's a nice relaxing brew for finishing things up at work after a busy afternoon.

Jun 8th, '13, 10:00

by gasninja » Jun 8th, '13, 10:00

Mr Yu's Gold Medal Rou gui. really good stuff me likes :D Me likes allot.
I for once can actually smell the cinnamon.

Jun 8th, '13, 15:42

by mageta » Jun 8th, '13, 15:42

Dayuling from mountain tea. Very floral and fruity.

+ Post Reply