OnTheBrink wrote:OK, so some of my newbie questions:
1. How do you store your tea?
2. How long does it (leaves) keep?
3. Does organic matter?
4. Do put the tea leaves in first or the water?
5. Do you ever turn it to iced or chilled?
I think that's it for now!
1. Airtight container that doesn't let light through, away from other strong smells.
2. Depends on the tea. Once opened Japanese greens only last a couple months at most. Black tea can last up to a year. Pu-erh can go like 60 years or something.
3. Organic matters in the sense that you can't find a good organic Japanese tea. If you want to get into tea, it's pretty much impossible to go organic. But it's not like the tea plant absorbs all the chemicals.
4. Either is fine. I put the water in, then once the temperature is right, add the leaf. You have to make sure all those leaves go under and don't just float on top.
5. I'm not sure I understand. After making hot tea, you can stick it in the fridge and chill it, most people add sugar.