Registration activation confirmation communication

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Registration activation confirmation communication

Postby Chip » Jun 16th, '13, 16:54

I have noticed more and more new registrants reporting NOT receiving an activation confirmation email. It is hard to isolate the source, cause of this problem since this forum is phpbb driven ... the activation confirmation email is automatic once an account is activated.

Please read the next few posts if you encounter this problem.

Thank you for your interest in TeaChat!
Chip
Immoderate TeaDrinker who happens to Moderate
Chip
Mod/Admin

Re: Registration activation confirmation communication

Postby Chip » Jun 16th, '13, 16:55

By way of information ... this is how registration/activation occurs.

1. TeaChat is currently set for manual activation which requires admin (currently yours truly) approval of registrations prior to activation. Although this requires more time and effort on the front end for me, this has proven to be the best spam prevention for this forum ... it is an unfortunate reality.

2. Once a new member registers, I receive instant email notification.

3. On most days, I have the email account open, and I will then activate (or decide not to) a new registration once it has been double checked on my end. This may happen within minutes or hours of a new member registering, rarely longer but it does happen. However it is always activated on the same day.

4. Once I activate the account, the activation confirmation email should auto send immediately to the new registrant. Why some new members receive this and some apparently are not ... I do not have an answer at this writing.

If you do not receive this second email, I would suggest checking your spam box and/or your spam related settings.

Even if you do NOT receive this email, you might already be activated. Go ahead and try to log in to TeaChat a few hours after registering.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jun 16th, '13, 16:55

As a new part of the process, each new activated account registrant will receive an email directly from me ... manually. Again, more work on the front end, but your registration is important to you ... and to me!!! This will come from teachatmoderator@yahoo.com

If you encounter registration problems, you can always email me at the above email address.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby mohani » Sep 29th, '14, 04:36

TeaChat is currently set for manual activation which requires admin (currently yours truly) approval of registrations prior to activation. Although this requires more time and effort on the front end for me, this has proven to be the best spam prevention for this forum ... it is an unfortunate reality.
mohani

Instant Messenger

Permissions