Alive and sipping from Kyushu!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jun 27th, '13, 23:27

Alive and sipping from Kyushu!

by HollyHelt » Jun 27th, '13, 23:27

Hi everyone!

I have absolutely no excuse for not joining this vibrant tea-sipping community sooner! Perhaps I'm just shy...sort of!

With a push from Chip, I'll attempt to introduce myself...

I grew up in Japan a long time ago and started drinking Japanese green tea over here from the age of three. My uncle invented Kool Aid, but my mom didn't want me addicted to the sugar water so she tricked me into thinking green tea was Kool Aid. I've never looked back! What a smart cookie, my mom!

This tea obsession continued throughout my life and about a year ago, after my only brother took his life thanks to a downward junk-food spiral, I decided to ditch my corporate career to try to introduce healthy Japanese green tea to more folks in the UK, which is where I'm sort of a permanent resident. The plot thickens... I have suddenly been given a huge house and a car in Kyushu for the year. What would you do? Stay in foggy old London or get the first flight out of dodge?!

I'd love to hear from you as I attempt this crazy journey of building a tea company called Chiki Tea. I have learned that life is meant to be lived in blooming color, so I have chosen GREEN. :o)

Have an amazing day!
Holly XO

Jun 28th, '13, 13:36

Re: Alive and sipping from Kyushu!

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jun 28th, '13, 13:36

Warm greetings,

Your story and your process sound both exciting and rich, as well as challenging. I wish you grace in the process of creating your business. Welcome to the space here. :D

Jun 29th, '13, 00:34

by Poohblah » Jun 29th, '13, 00:34

welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself in southern Japan and sip on some Kagoshima sencha :D

Jul 1st, '13, 19:30

by HollyHelt » Jul 1st, '13, 19:30

Thanks TeaArt-08 and Poohblah! So far so good - we're going on a 2 week tour around Japan in mid July. Hoping to find some amazing treasures!

Jul 10th, '13, 16:33
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 10th, '13, 16:33

Hi Holly, welcome to TeaChat (even though we have already communicated otherwise).

See you around the forum!

Jul 19th, '13, 11:54

by Suutej_Tsaj » Jul 19th, '13, 11:54

HollyHelt wrote: I have learned that life is meant to be lived in blooming color, so I have chosen GREEN. :o)
I think I'm going to use this a lot in my everyday talk. Unfortunately I can credit you only as "a wise lady on a tea forum I frequent". :P
Welcome aboard!

+ Post Reply