Want to get into darker Oolongs.

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Jul 3rd, '13, 15:04

Re: Want to get into darker Oolongs.

by mageta » Jul 3rd, '13, 15:04

Does Jing's generally take a long time to ship? I ordered on the 12th and still haven't gotten the box yet. I know that overseas shipping takes time but it seems like it's been kind of a long time. I requested a tracking number but haven't heard back yet.

Jul 3rd, '13, 15:45

by JRS22 » Jul 3rd, '13, 15:45

My experience with Jing in the past was that they shipped quickly but the mail system takes seemingly forever. I should add that I never paid extra to have the type of shipping that provides a tracking number, but I generally didn't receive my order in less than 3 week, on the east coast of the US. I placed an order recently with Tea Urchin, which was sent airmail and did provide a tracking number, and I can't even find it in the system now. When the package shows up it feels like a gift, since I've forgotten making the purchase.

Jul 3rd, '13, 23:08

by Tead Off » Jul 3rd, '13, 23:08

shipping from China is the worst. Maybe EMS is the only 'fast' way. I ordered 2 different products from 2 different vendors on 13 June. Still waiting for both, and Thailand is a lot closer than USA.

Jul 4th, '13, 11:36

by mageta » Jul 4th, '13, 11:36

Alright, I don't feel so bad about it then, thanks :D

Jul 4th, '13, 12:57

by JRS22 » Jul 4th, '13, 12:57

Here's hoping the tea is worth the wait. It ususally is when I order from Jing.

Jul 6th, '13, 18:30

by mageta » Jul 6th, '13, 18:30

Package arrived today! I must say, this tea is way different than I thought it would be. The spices present in the last roasted tea I had are completely absent here, which I assume can be expected from an aged tea. It's very mellow and sweet on the finish, kind of reminds me of a bock back when I used to drink alcohol. I think I prefer the bold flavors of an unaged tea, but this is still really good. They also threw in a 7 g sample of some red tea which should be interesting.

Aug 29th, '13, 21:46

by mageta » Aug 29th, '13, 21:46

tingjunkie wrote:Here's a perfect place to begin to set your standards with.
This just arrived today and it's fantastic. It really caught me by surprise, maybe because the last couple of things I've gotten have felt rather underwhelming. I need more of this, maybe even something darker just to see what happens if I continue down the path of roasted oolongs.

+ Post Reply