July 3, 2013 TeaChat TAD enabled. Do you have it?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

TAD is a somewhat mysterious tea-related addiction that may have developed since you joined TC. So, fess up, do you have it?

Hi, my name is _____ and I have TAD
48%
Yes, I believe I have it, I lost count of all my wares
14%
Not really
12%
Not sure, never heard of it until today
6%
Definitely not
2%
I am a minimalist, NO
18%

Total votes: 50

Jul 6th, '13, 21:55
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: July 3, 2013 TeaChat TAD enabled. Do you have it?

by Devoted135 » Jul 6th, '13, 21:55

JRS22 wrote: The third step is finding more space to store tea and teaware as I haven't purchased from all the artisans yet.
The above-mentioned four teacups and kyusu have officially maxed out my teawares drawer. This is a real problem! :shock: :mrgreen:

Jul 6th, '13, 22:01

by AdamMY » Jul 6th, '13, 22:01

Today I had sudden onset TAD. A vicious form though this was not for a teacup or a teapot, but a surface that should add a lot of character to my tea settings. While it was labeled as a Cheese board, it screamed tea to me the entire time I was in the store.

Jul 7th, '13, 14:28

by iGo » Jul 7th, '13, 14:28

I'd like to hold Petr Novak and Andrzej Bero responsible for my symptoms.

Jul 7th, '13, 14:39

by debunix » Jul 7th, '13, 14:39

AdamMY wrote:Today I had sudden onset TAD. A vicious form though this was not for a teacup or a teapot, but a surface that should add a lot of character to my tea settings. While it was labeled as a Cheese board, it screamed tea to me the entire time I was in the store.
I think we must properly view this as a relapse, a metastasis affecting a new category of teaware, rather than a truly new onset disorder.

Jul 7th, '13, 15:09

by Chip » Jul 7th, '13, 15:09

... you guys are sick :!: :idea: :roll:

Fortunately, I am not, am in complete control, and can quit anytime I want to!!! :wink: However I have emptied virtually every kitchen cabinet to make room for moor! :mrgreen:

I do tend to go beyond simply enabling others afflicted ... known to act more like a pusher ... (not to mention passing the bug to newbs).

Jul 7th, '13, 15:42

July 3, 2013 TeaChat TAD enabled. Do you have it?

by Jspigs » Jul 7th, '13, 15:42

I definitely have TAD. Fortunately it is kept in check by a lack of funds available for teaware purchasing.

Jul 7th, '13, 16:18

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jul 7th, '13, 16:18

Poohblah wrote:I easily spend 10-20x as much on rock climbing as I do on tea. I don't have any reason to make the same kind of investment towards tea. And when I do spend money on tea, it almost always goes towards tea instead of teaware. So no, no TAD here.
OGAD (outdoor gear addictive disorder) has proven recoverable for me, (that is until I pick up a new sport= w.w. kayaking, etc.). I found working in the outdoor retail industry for 10 years with access to pro-deal, while also aiding my disorder, allowed me to recover by procuring all that I needed. I can now safely report no desire/minimal desire for outdoor gear each time I return to the places of my former employment. Now all I need is a pro-deal (10-25% below cost) for teaware. That'll cure it for sure. :wink:

iGo wrote:I'd like to hold Petr Novak and Andrzej Bero responsible for my symptoms.
+1 :D
debunix wrote:
AdamMY wrote:Today I had sudden onset TAD. A vicious form though this was not for a teacup or a teapot, but a surface that should add a lot of character to my tea settings. While it was labeled as a Cheese board, it screamed tea to me the entire time I was in the store.
I think we must properly view this as a relapse, a metastasis affecting a new category of teaware, rather than a truly new onset disorder.
:lol: Nicely played!
debunix wrote:
JRS22 wrote:the yixing strain of TAD
This does appear to be one of the most virulent strains, indeed.
Indeed! Onset starts with strange, incoherent babbled sounds unintelligible to passing English speakers (zisha, zuni, duanni, hongni, etc.), causing friends and family members to look at one sidelong with a perplexed and concerned gaze. Rehabilitation for this strain is often unsuccessful and is a potent/virulent strain often affecting nearby uninitiated tea drinkers, whom soon after begin babbling the same incoherent sounds (zisha, zuni, duanni, hongni,etc.). :D

Jul 7th, '13, 16:42

by Evan Draper » Jul 7th, '13, 16:42

debunix wrote:
virulent strains, indeed.
Tell me that is not a Pandemic "On the Brink" quote!

Jul 7th, '13, 16:48

by lordmage » Jul 7th, '13, 16:48

Evan Draper wrote:
debunix wrote:
virulent strains, indeed.
Tell me that is not a Pandemic "On the Brink" quote!
no worries the treatment is marriage,kids, divorce and higher debt. not necessarily in that order or all at once. the less green you can spend the less TAD can spread.

Jul 8th, '13, 17:51

by JRS22 » Jul 8th, '13, 17:51

Someone mentioned that there was new work on Petr Novak's website and the next thing I knew I was trying to figure out where to put the new tea tray I was eying. I remembered that I already devote half a dish shelf to my beautiful Seong-il tea tray, so somehow I ended up on Tead Off's website looking at a Seong-il pot with blue slip. If it was smaller than 250 ml I might be at the door waiting for delivery.......

Maybe if I prepare some tea I'll be distracted.

Jul 8th, '13, 18:00

by AdamMY » Jul 8th, '13, 18:00

debunix wrote:
At last I am not shy about sharing my symptoms.... :mrgreen:

Shan lin xi in hong ni by Adam Yusko, on Flickr

Oh yeah, the yixing is also new.... :oops: :oops:

Jul 8th, '13, 18:19

by debunix » Jul 8th, '13, 18:19

Is that your bowl? It looks so nice with that beautiful pot, cup, and wood (table? tray? gorgeous regardless).

Jul 8th, '13, 18:33

by AdamMY » Jul 8th, '13, 18:33

debunix wrote:Is that your bowl? It looks so nice with that beautiful pot, cup, and wood (table? tray? gorgeous regardless).

The wood board was the spontaneous buy, it was labeled as a cheese board. The Bowl is the first piece of pottery I made when I started taking classes, it is a "knee pot" glazed with the studio's Celadon glaze. The teacup I stole from one of my Korean tea sets. It all seems to work quite nice together, I agree!

Jul 9th, '13, 14:41

by IzzieBot » Jul 9th, '13, 14:41

I've yet to develop it full-on, but only because I room with 3 other people and we don't have the space.

I'm worried it might take hold once I move to my own apartment...

Jul 10th, '13, 02:15

by lordmage » Jul 10th, '13, 02:15

IzzieBot wrote:I've yet to develop it full-on, but only because I room with 3 other people and we don't have the space.

I'm worried it might take hold once I move to my own apartment...
in your case you just need to sublet you TAD :D each room has spare space :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply