Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jul 4th, '13, 13:00

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by JRS22 » Jul 4th, '13, 13:00

MacGuffin wrote:BTW, OCD is no laughing matter. My former fiancé is afflicted (runs in his dad's family). He hasn't been able to leave his home or even use a telephone for at least 10 years.
It was an inappropriate comment which I've edited out. I fret about the casual agism and sexism on forums about computers and photography, and here I am making a casual joke about a condition that isn't at all funny.

Jul 4th, '13, 15:16

by MacGuffin » Jul 4th, '13, 15:16

JRS22 wrote:
MacGuffin wrote:BTW, OCD is no laughing matter..
It was an inappropriate comment which I've edited out. I fret about the casual agism and sexism on forums about computers and photography, and here I am making a casual joke about a condition that isn't at all funny.
Oh, my--please don't take such action again. I merely wanted to point out how crippling the condition is because most people don't know what it entails. I know there was no offense intended and none was taken. I think there's a tendency to be somewhat too sensitive these days but I know you meant well and I guess it's better to err on the side of caution. I'll edit out my observation as well.

Jul 5th, '13, 16:47

by puerhking » Jul 5th, '13, 16:47

2013 Xin Yang Mao Jian from ebay vendor Go Shop Street

Pretty tasty given its low price.

Jul 6th, '13, 07:00

by lordmage » Jul 6th, '13, 07:00

For me some Tencha Matcha ghetto frothed in a large bottle. sifted, sub 175 degree water from a hot water cooler with uv filter. loving it is all i can say but later today it will be up to temp and whisked in a bowl of some kind. if i am still digging it after a month then i'll invest in a sifting can and the official bamboo tools

Jul 6th, '13, 07:53

by chado.my.teaway » Jul 6th, '13, 07:53

puerhking wrote:2013 Xin Yang Mao Jian from ebay vendor Go Shop Street

Can U tell me parameter of brew?

Jul 6th, '13, 23:12

by puerhking » Jul 6th, '13, 23:12

chado.my.teaway wrote:
puerhking wrote:2013 Xin Yang Mao Jian from ebay vendor Go Shop Street

Can U tell me parameter of brew?

I used: 2.6g in 100ml gaiwan. 1st brew 150/66 degrees Fahrenheit/Celsius for 60 seconds. 2nd - 160 for 15 sec. 3rd 170 for 40 sec. 4th 180 for 45 sec.

Jul 7th, '13, 15:20

by MacGuffin » Jul 7th, '13, 15:20

lordmage wrote:For me some Tencha Matcha ghetto frothed in a large bottle.
Isn't all matcha made from tencha?

Jul 7th, '13, 16:44

by lordmage » Jul 7th, '13, 16:44

MacGuffin wrote:
yes it is... newbie here. the grade seems to be for thin style. thats all i know beside what i posted in another thread.

Jul 8th, '13, 10:34

by MacGuffin » Jul 8th, '13, 10:34

lordmage wrote:
MacGuffin wrote:
yes it is... newbie here. the grade seems to be for thin style. thats all i know beside what i posted in another thread.
You're going to love getting into the higher grades. In the meantime, try to get the most bang for your buck by looking for really good usucha-grade matcha and practice proper preparation methods on them. I'm sure folks here have recommendations.

Jul 8th, '13, 12:29

by lordmage » Jul 8th, '13, 12:29

MacGuffin wrote:
lordmage wrote:
MacGuffin wrote:
You're going to love getting into the higher grades. In the meantime, try to get the most bang for your buck by looking for really good usucha-grade matcha and practice proper preparation methods on them. I'm sure folks here have recommendations.
yes indedd i am doing the best i can with limited work counter space and time but i did brew a cup at home and it was divine when i have more green i will enjoy it so much more often.

Jul 9th, '13, 11:35

by MacGuffin » Jul 9th, '13, 11:35

MacGuffin wrote:
yes it is... newbie here. the grade seems to be for thin style. thats all i know beside what i posted in another thread.[/quote]
You're going to love getting into the higher grades. In the meantime, try to get the most bang for your buck by looking for really good usucha-grade matcha and practice proper preparation methods on them. I'm sure folks here have recommendations.[/quote]
yes indedd i am doing the best i can with limited work counter space and time but i did brew a cup at home and it was divine when i have more green i will enjoy it so much more often.[/quote]
Get your technique down. Heat and dry your bowl, sift your matcha, and watch videos so that you obtain good "lather" (smaller, tighter bubbles than mere froth/foam). I personally like koicha-grade matcha prepared as usucha and I have no doubt you will, too.

Jul 9th, '13, 15:15

by IzzieBot » Jul 9th, '13, 15:15

The only place in the US that I know I can get it retail is Mitsuwa Market (in NJ).

I really love it @~@ should've bought more than 1 box, I only make it down there maybe once a year, if I'm lucky

Jul 9th, '13, 15:42

by JRS22 » Jul 9th, '13, 15:42

Asa-giri gyokuro Karigane from O-Cha, brewed in my gyo shib set. Milder than regular gyo and a bit more difficult to brew than Sencha Karigane. Perfect for a hot summer day.

Jul 9th, '13, 20:35

by puerhking » Jul 9th, '13, 20:35

IzzieBot wrote:Image

The only place in the US that I know I can get it retail is Mitsuwa Market (in NJ).

I really love it @~@ should've bought more than 1 box, I only make it down there maybe once a year, if I'm lucky
You can get it at Den's Tea online in the spring....but it's sold out now. Get on their mailing list if you want a heads up for next year.

http://www.denstea.com/

Jul 10th, '13, 01:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 10th, '13, 01:21

O-Cha has a very pleasant Sakura Sencha almost all the time ... including now. It is a Karigani making it even more interesting.

http://www.o-cha.com/sakura-sencha.html

+ Post Reply