Jun 12th, '13, 17:15

Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

by andrzej bero » Jun 12th, '13, 17:15

Petr Novák wrote:Is it in the Czajownia, part of the Czech franchising tearooms chain? Looks nice!
Yes Petr, exactly such one and now one left in Poland. Run by young and enthusiastic people. In fact I am not a big fun of this style with very bright colorful walls and shelfs with many trinkets but their japanese patio was a nice place. But defentely it is a teahouse not an exhibition space.
oh, and I find there one of your teapots (really cult object!).
茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:Honestly, the small red clay pot I bought from you is my favorite pot to pour these days; it really does amazing things with my Taiwan wulong selection. I've just returned from a tea convention with a fair number of other oolongs and I am looking forward to tasting what your teapot will do with them.
Scott, I am so happy to hear this. Please raport how it will work with your new selection. And what level of oxidation they are?
chado.my.teaway wrote:More pics from exhibition from our polish friend.

http://liu-mulan.blogspot.com/2013/06/w ... jowni.html
thanks Pawel. Joanna took pictures with just the mobile phone. Respect.

Jun 13th, '13, 02:22

by Petr Novák » Jun 13th, '13, 02:22

andrzej bero wrote:Yes Petr, exactly such one and now one left in Poland. Run by young and enthusiastic people. In fact I am not a big fun of this style with very bright colorful walls and shelfs with many trinkets but their japanese patio was a nice place. But defentely it is a teahouse not an exhibition space.
Yes, I know the people from that tearoom. Piotr visited us when they just opened that tea house. Good memories. Tearooms from that chain are not on my favorite list too but guys who started that are one of the reason why are tearooms so popular in our country. Big thanks for all that work. They were actually responsible for my tea fever too, some twenty years ago...They just didnt say that it is incurable:)

edit: And there is one more in Krakow, my friend started it there. I was there ones, very nice back than.

Jun 13th, '13, 07:19

by andrzej bero » Jun 13th, '13, 07:19

Petr Novák wrote:
andrzej bero wrote:Yes Petr, exactly such one and now one left in Poland. Run by young and enthusiastic people. In fact I am not a big fun of this style with very bright colorful walls and shelfs with many trinkets but their japanese patio was a nice place. But defentely it is a teahouse not an exhibition space.
Yes, I know the people from that tearoom. Piotr visited us when they just opened that tea house. Good memories. Tearooms from that chain are not on my favorite list too but guys who started that are one of the reason why are tearooms so popular in our country. Big thanks for all that work. They were actually responsible for my tea fever too, some twenty years ago...They just didnt say that it is incurable:)

edit: And there is one more in Krakow, my friend started it there. I was there ones, very nice back than.
Petr, I can agree. Piotr is a nice guy, super you know him.
About Czajownia. This chain gives people (new investors) kind of confidence (teas, training, knowhow, even fernitures, contacts etc) and imho is great for beginners in this not easy bussines. I personaly do not like mix of teas and shisha but I can understand this could be a cause of popularity. Anyway in such a country like Poland with very poor tea culture it is a hit and I really hope it can help to spread this incurable (like I agree) plague.
Oh, and what I've heard, Czajownia in Cracow was sold some time ago.
And thanks for compliment.

best
a

Jun 15th, '13, 22:11
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 15th, '13, 22:11

Some Andzej cups are enroute! Weeee ...

I happened to notice a sharp upswing in new members registering from ... Poland! I can not help but wonder if somehow the exhibition had something to do with this ... and maybe resulting google searches which turns up this topic.

Jun 18th, '13, 13:43

by Risdt » Jun 18th, '13, 13:43

This arrived today... I'm in heaven :D

P1010877 by ristvandeweyer

And a lovely cannister for my roasted teas:

P1010881 by ristvandeweyer

Thank you again Andrzej, I promise I'll feed this one plenty of tea 8)

Jul 8th, '13, 14:42

by kikula » Jul 8th, '13, 14:42

Oh my. I'm a new and quiet member and have spent my day thus far meandering through this thread, first with interest and finally with unbridled delight - really, such beautiful energy in these pieces! But here the thread suddenly ends... will there be new teapots in the works? Has sweet Andrzej stepped from the face of the earth, or is he still at the show?
I really am thinking that I'd prefer my first good pot to be something from one of the TeawareArtisans. This after looking at maybe a thousand teapots, following ideas and names and avenues mostly suggested by conversations in here.
Like ya do. Oh internet. :P
I'm recently, blissfully retired, and have a great deal more time than money, which is an elegant bargain I think, but must choose my leaves and my wares carefully. Can't imagine setting off on this journey without TeaChat. Should I begin with a Bero pot? A Tokoname pot and a wonderful Bero pot, one just for greens... or...

I'm glad I'm not drawn to Yixings. Even after reading a zillion pages about them in here, I'm just not. This allows something that passes for a narrower focus... :)

Jul 8th, '13, 15:43

by Petr Novák » Jul 8th, '13, 15:43

kikula wrote: Should I begin with a Bero pot?
Go for it! :wink:

you will be not disappointed.

Petr

Jul 8th, '13, 16:49

by kikula » Jul 8th, '13, 16:49

Or a wonderful Petr pot if I could see where to find them... :)

Jul 8th, '13, 16:53

by debunix » Jul 8th, '13, 16:53

kikula wrote:Or a wonderful Petr pot if I could see where to find them... :)
Some new stuff this week, even.

Jul 8th, '13, 17:01

by kikula » Jul 8th, '13, 17:01

So very beautiful. But Petr, the one I love is so BIG. :) I need one @8 oz and one @5 oz pot. 'Need' being relative. I will watch this page, and thank you!

Jul 8th, '13, 17:10

by kikula » Jul 8th, '13, 17:10

Also, I must wait until my very wee pittance rolls in, and then I will gaze into the sea of desirable teapots I've amassed (in my desire body), meditate, and spring.

Jul 9th, '13, 09:01

by andrzej bero » Jul 9th, '13, 09:01

Sorry for not answering. I had internet holidays on ceramic symposium in Germany. Very refreshing - no potter's wheel, low firing in gas and charcoal kilns (but it means no interesting pics for tealovers:)

Risdt - I hope you still enjoy your teapot and tea jar is full of great tea, thanks for your pics here

Kikula, thanks for good words. If you will find something on my picasa you like (you can find links on my blog) pls let me know via my mail adres: ceramika.bero@o2.pl
It should be some news in few days ... and I think you can talk with Petr about sizes you are interested

Petr, :)

Jul 9th, '13, 09:16

by kikula » Jul 9th, '13, 09:16

Thanks, Andrzej - such terrific work here in TeaChat artisan. No wonder everyone is wares-crazy. I have only my celadon infusion cup which I like for the warm, round heaviness in my hand, like a river stone, and the crackles it's growing inside, and some cheap gaiwans. Very excited to evolve a little with an excellent pot. Or two... :wink:

Jul 9th, '13, 09:22

by Risdt » Jul 9th, '13, 09:22

You're welcome Andrzej! I've been using your pot for high fired TGY so far and it has delivered superb tea :D
I will keep an eye out on your picasa... think I'm starting to get infected by TAD :lol:

Jul 11th, '13, 10:27

by andrzej bero » Jul 11th, '13, 10:27

available news (first part) on picasa pages. Pls, take a look.
http://aneybo.blogspot.com/2013/07/nowosci.html
Attachments
DSC_2624.JPG
DSC_2624.JPG (18.54 KiB) Viewed 2234 times

+ Post Reply