A new tea blog - Easy Tea Hard Choice

Have a Tea Blog or Tea Vlog? Post a topic here.

Jul 18th, '13, 06:04
Vendor Member

A new tea blog - Easy Tea Hard Choice

by LawrenceLai » Jul 18th, '13, 06:04

Hello everyone,

I am new here, and think should have a little introduction here. As a local Taiwanese, I am blogging about tea to record my trips to tea growing regions in Taiwan, my learning and tasting experiences of teas, with which I hope to introduce premium Taiwan Tea to tea lovers around the world. I also host a tea tasting event periodically as " Tea Club" in my blog in order to share some unique artisanal teas I brought back from my tea trips. I write about tea, people, history, and geographical in Taiwan. In all, I am writing about my love towards to Taiwan and Tea.

Please visit My blog at: http://libaga.wordpress.com

Best Regards,
Lawrence

Jul 18th, '13, 16:52

Re: A new tea blog - Easy Tea Hard Choice

by teaisme » Jul 18th, '13, 16:52

very pricey for some Taiwanese red tea that isn't that rare don't you think...

basically 2 oz nice red tea for 50 bucks...

or I could go to houde (a vendor some already deem as expensive) and order 4oz of their highest priced taiwanese red, and 2oz of their other taiwanese red, only have to pay about 80 cents more, shipping included.

Jul 18th, '13, 23:27
Vendor Member

by LawrenceLai » Jul 18th, '13, 23:27

Dear Teaisme,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. I've checked a little about HouDe's online store. Basically, my selection is different from HouDe's, different origin, different variety, different producer, and thus is not totally comparable, in my opinion.

Even with the same variety, the terrior, the way they grow/pluck/ produce the tea could make a huge difference. I'm saying this because I spent a lot of time in tea growing regions in Taiwan. My intention is to introduce some unique teas which are seldom seen outside of Taiwan, to offer worldwide tea lovers another choice from their regular sources/channels, and in hope to, through this approach, encourage tea farmers who truly put a lot of efforts into producing tea of excellence.

I believe what I choose is unique and rare, and sincerely recommend the 3 black teas as Club of Red to all of you. Buy a sample, compare with what you have, and tell me the result.

Red of Four Seasons I don't see it is selling anywhere in Taiwan, not to mention in a foreign market. The way the black tea is making (by its producer Dong feng tea farm (in Youchi, Nantou) brings out the special fragrance of honey and longan wood with few could do the same.
Red Rhythm (TTES#21) is already rare in its origin ( fewer could make TTES#21 with citrus fragrance), not to mention in a foreign market.
Red Jade (TTES#18, aka Ruby) is relatively popular. You may find some in local vendor. I guess the price is not so cheap. However, this is by far the top quality Red Jade I've found and are very confident with.

Best Regards,
Lawrence

Jul 18th, '13, 23:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 18th, '13, 23:38

TeaBlog forum rules are ... "easy!"
Chip wrote:Very simple, if you are a member of TeaChat, you can post a topic here to promote, link, discuss your blog.

If you are a Tea Vendor blogger, you can post your TeaBlog topic here as long as you have been a contributing member of TeaChat and do not use your blog for directly promoting your business. In such a case, you can request a topic for TeaMerchandiser!

Otherwise, general forum rules apply.

Jul 20th, '13, 12:23

by teaisme » Jul 20th, '13, 12:23

LawrenceLai wrote:Red Rhythm (TTES#21) is already rare in its origin ( fewer could make TTES#21 with citrus fragrance), not to mention in a foreign market.
really I thought it was common for #21 to exhibit citrus fragrance...

LawrenceLai wrote:I believe what I choose is unique and rare
yes things like the #21 and red 4 seasons are kinda rare for western market, is that what you mean by rare?

LawrenceLai wrote: my trips to tea growing regions in Taiwan, my learning and tasting experiences of teas
I would love to get specifics about the farms, farmers you have visited etc. Most of your blog posts are very vague...how about organic? Are any of these teas?
LawrenceLai wrote:Buy a sample, compare with what you have, and tell me the result.
so in order to sample anything it will cost $50...

Jul 20th, '13, 18:14
Vendor Member

by LawrenceLai » Jul 20th, '13, 18:14

1. TT21 SHOULD have citrus. But if u taste as many as I do, you will find most doesn't eventhough it should.
2. Yes, thank you for pointing out, I'm going to publish some interview with farmers in my blog recently.
3. I'm thinking to make some adjustments to the Tea Club in order to make it more friendly. But I know I should not discuss here to comply with the "easy" forum rules. The teas are planted with natural farming method. I will discuss it further in my blog.
4. Thank u for giving me so many advices. It helps a lot.
Best Regards,
Lawrence

Jul 22nd, '13, 13:44

by teaisme » Jul 22nd, '13, 13:44

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. You have the luxury of living in Taiwan. Being on the ground, experiencing it all. Sharing your growing experiences and knowledge. Your blog can only get better. Looking forward to reading your new posts :)

+ Post Reply