Aloha from Tokyo, Japan

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jul 25th, '13, 02:23

Aloha from Tokyo, Japan

by ianchun » Jul 25th, '13, 02:23

Aloha TeaChat!

Aloha from Tokyo??? That's kind of strange right?
I am originally from Hawaii and fell in love with Japan in college. Finding myself in Japan as an exchange student, I decided to return to work, and have been here ever since (except for a brief 2-year return to the states when my wife decided to get an MBA).

I started a consultancy, Matcha Latte Media, helping Japanese tea farmers jumpstart their export business in 2010, and pivoted to a marketplace for tea farmers and other small-scale, artisan producers in Jan. 2013.

I'll refrain from self-promotion as much as possible, and will try to provide useful information on the forum, particularly information that can only be obtained in Japanese or from what I have learned being on the inside of the Japanese tea industry. Of course, a mere 3 years of experience can't compare to my elders on both sides of the ocean...

As an operator of an English-language marketplace exporting from Tokyo, I hope by participating in this forum that I will learn more about my customers, what you want, what kind of information is lacking, etc.

As we say in Japan, Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu! m(_ _)m
Thanks!

Jul 25th, '13, 02:31

Re: Aloha from Tokyo, Japan

by Poseidon » Jul 25th, '13, 02:31

Welcome to teachat! I look forward to your knowledge in tea!:mrgreen:

Jul 25th, '13, 07:15

by sherubtse » Jul 25th, '13, 07:15

yunomius wrote:I'll refrain from self-promotion as much as possible, and will try to provide useful information on the forum, particularly information that can only be obtained in Japanese or from what I have learned being on the inside of the Japanese tea industry. Of course, a mere 3 years of experience can't compare to my elders on both sides of the ocean...

As an operator of an English-language marketplace exporting from Tokyo, I hope by participating in this forum that I will learn more about my customers, what you want, what kind of information is lacking, etc.
I look forward to learning from your "inside knowledge" of Japanese tea and the Japanese tea industry. :)

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Jul 25th, '13, 21:17

by etorix » Jul 25th, '13, 21:17

hah, good opener title that; i nearly expected a Sumo practitioner
other small-scale, artisan producers
of tea?

dozo

Aug 1st, '13, 05:50

by donaldosborne » Aug 1st, '13, 05:50

Hi, nice to see you on teachat, have fun.

+ Post Reply