Just an intro...

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jan 21st, '08, 14:14

Just an intro...

by iroc8210 » Jan 21st, '08, 14:14

Hey everyone, I'm a newb to it and just looking to educate myself more and have a tendency to like to listen to other's personal experiences rather than reading from an info site only.

I've always loved tea since my mom gave it to us with milk and honey when we were sick as kids. Well, at the ritzy mall they opened up a "teavana" store (teavana.com) and I went in there yesterday and decide to try a few things. One of the most exciting finds of mine was the Mate teas. I find myself consuming large amounts of caffeine in order to get my school work done (last semester for my BFA). This week is my week of experimentation. I got some of their Mate Yerba, Mate Vana, and the guy recommended Spice of Life white tea since I like spiced teas like Chai. I also got a better steeper because I have been attempting to use one of those little metal looking tea bags where you have to screw both halves together and its impossible once full of tea. This is the one I picked up...
Picture isn't very good...
http://www.teavana.com/Teavana+Easy+Tea ... uctDetails

They also have a nice looking Nissan Stainless steeper/thermos. Has anyone used this or have something similar they like? I love the Thermos Nissan Stainless products because they're truly the only thing I've found that keeps the heat. My scolded mouth after the first use of my mug a few years ago was testament to that. :thumbsup:

I refuse to pay $27 so I'm on a hunt for something similar.

Anyhow...thanks for reading my rambling, I'm looking forward to learning all about the finer side of teas!

~Cori

Jan 21st, '08, 15:46

by Wesli » Jan 21st, '08, 15:46

INteresting stff.
Chck out Zojirushi's vacuum bottles:
http://www.zojirushi.com/ourproducts/ssvbs/ssvbs.html

Jan 21st, '08, 16:03

by iroc8210 » Jan 21st, '08, 16:03

Ahhh cool thanks. At least I can get these locally at REI. I've yet to find the Thermos Nissan Stainless products in store.

Jan 22nd, '08, 02:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 22nd, '08, 02:13

WELCOME
WELCOME
WELCOME

Welcome to TeaChat, home of TEAfellowship.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jan 22nd, '08, 03:57
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Jan 22nd, '08, 03:57

Welcome!! :D

Jan 23rd, '08, 10:59

by iroc8210 » Jan 23rd, '08, 10:59

So I figured I would put out some of the teas I have enjoyed in the past, or from the grocery store (don't shoot me please, its all I knew before!) and I'm hoping you guys might be able to recommend some things that I can order here from Adagio or elsewhere.

Generally, I like spiced teas like chai, black teas with honey and milk, the Constant Comment from Bigelow, Zen Green Tea from Tazo (I like the hint of mint in it). I have the Mate Vana from Teavana and like that a lot too. The Spice of Life white tea is good too. Aside from teas with orange rind, I haven't really ventured into "fruity" teas but I'm not opposed to trying something new. I heard someone mention seasonal teas like Pumpkin or gingerbread and that sounds interesting.

Anyhow, I'm always looking to expand my palette and suggestions are appreciated!

Jan 23rd, '08, 16:33
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Jan 23rd, '08, 16:33

iroc8210 wrote:
Generally, I like spiced teas like chai, black teas with honey and milk, the Constant Comment from Bigelow, Zen Green Tea from Tazo (I like the hint of mint in it). I have the Mate Vana from Teavana and like that a lot too. The Spice of Life white tea is good too. Aside from teas with orange rind, I haven't really ventured into "fruity" teas but I'm not opposed to trying something new. I heard someone mention seasonal teas like Pumpkin or gingerbread and that sounds interesting.

Anyhow, I'm always looking to expand my palette and suggestions are appreciated!
Adagio has a very nice Oriental Spice, which is their version of Chai. I like it as iced tea. Try Golden Monkey, their Assams, and even their Ceylons. I have not tried their Christmas tea, which sounds like a better blend of what Constant Comment is. Oh, and try their Valentine's Tea. Yummy!

Welcome aboard!

+ Post Reply