Hello from Charlotte!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jan 21st, '08, 14:15

Hello from Charlotte!

by mljones99 » Jan 21st, '08, 14:15

Hi everyone, I'm new here and pretty new to the tea world. I'm a big fan of black tea and my only experience is from Teavana in the mall I work in (I work in luxury retail) so I'm really looking to broaden my tea horizons and purchase some new teas. Thanks and great forum!

Jan 21st, '08, 15:37

by Wesli » Jan 21st, '08, 15:37

Greetings!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 21st, '08, 16:09

Re: Hello from Charlotte!

by iroc8210 » Jan 21st, '08, 16:09

mljones99 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new here and pretty new to the tea world. I'm a big fan of black tea and my only experience is from Teavana in the mall I work in (I work in luxury retail) so I'm really looking to broaden my tea horizons and purchase some new teas. Thanks and great forum!
Thats how I found my first loose leafs too...What did you get from Teavana? They had a great mix of MateVerda and peach rooibos to try when I was in there and I thought it was wonderful. I've had lots of black teas but haven't tried much along the lines of "fruity" flavors. I just hate the idea of buying tea at a mall. I'd much rather support a smaller tea room in the area but I can't really find one (there are a few victorian ones with limited hours or requiring reservation, but seems the most popular "urban" one has closed this fall :cry: )

Jan 21st, '08, 16:13

by hop_goblin » Jan 21st, '08, 16:13

Welcome!!

Jan 21st, '08, 22:12

Re: Hello from Charlotte!

by mljones99 » Jan 21st, '08, 22:12

iroc8210 wrote:
mljones99 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new here and pretty new to the tea world. I'm a big fan of black tea and my only experience is from Teavana in the mall I work in (I work in luxury retail) so I'm really looking to broaden my tea horizons and purchase some new teas. Thanks and great forum!
Thats how I found my first loose leafs too...What did you get from Teavana? They had a great mix of MateVerda and peach rooibos to try when I was in there and I thought it was wonderful. I've had lots of black teas but haven't tried much along the lines of "fruity" flavors. I just hate the idea of buying tea at a mall. I'd much rather support a smaller tea room in the area but I can't really find one (there are a few victorian ones with limited hours or requiring reservation, but seems the most popular "urban" one has closed this fall :cry: )
All I have tried is the Golden Monkey. I keep telling myself to get something different but it's just so good. I walk past Teavana at least once a day and they always have a couple by the door for you to try... I need to start stopping by more often to try new things.

Jan 22nd, '08, 02:11
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 22nd, '08, 02:11

WELCOME
WELCOME
WELCOME

Hope you stick around and have many cups of tea with us.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jan 22nd, '08, 03:59
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Jan 22nd, '08, 03:59

Welcome!!! :D

Jan 24th, '08, 09:35

we're practically neighbors!

by KG » Jan 24th, '08, 09:35

Hello mljones99! Lots of great information here! Thanks to this group of sites I've found a couple decent tea houses here in Fayetteville of all places. Best of luck!

+ Post Reply