Himalayan black tea

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Aug 30th, '12, 03:40

Himalayan black tea

by dimple » Aug 30th, '12, 03:40

I love the pure himalayan black tea with superb stronger flavor and rich color.I personally experienced many health benefits from this himalayan tea and the most important thing is these tea comes with great taste in very affordable price :wink:

Aug 30th, '12, 06:08

Re: himalayan black tea

by iovetea » Aug 30th, '12, 06:08

nah i think its overrated...

Aug 30th, '12, 06:09

by iovetea » Aug 30th, '12, 06:09

but its a mater of taste i guess.. i also dont like the taste of dimple whiskey, even so its expensive, well not really expensive but compared to the other mass market stuff

Aug 30th, '12, 11:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 30th, '12, 11:39

Himalayan blacks can come from Darjeeling, Sikim, Nepal ... while I am not drinking them currently, they are often outstanding.

However buying a tea bearing these origins does not guarantee a great tea as there are lots of shananigans going on there. Teas labeled simply "Himalayan" tend to be more generic from some vendors such as Upton and less interesting.

Buying fresh and from a reputable source will help to assure a level of success.

Aug 31st, '12, 02:59

by dimple » Aug 31st, '12, 02:59

hello Chip..
I agree with you but sometimes we should take a turn for better!!
I just love my himalayan black tea they are great in taste as well as in colour and as i told you very reasonable also :D

Sep 2nd, '12, 03:01

by iovetea » Sep 2nd, '12, 03:01

thanks chip i didnt know...
mine were like darjeeling, not a bad tea but simply not interesting to me.
it was from nepal... it was ok from taste, just for myself not really interesting, and even so im not an expert on indian tea and i know sikkim only from hearsay, i would say the tea was much like a darjeeling. i would say a bit weak for a black tea.

Sep 2nd, '12, 10:56

by Chip » Sep 2nd, '12, 10:56

iovetea wrote:thanks chip i didnt know...
mine were like darjeeling, not a bad tea but simply not interesting to me.
it was from nepal... it was ok from taste, just for myself not really interesting, and even so im not an expert on indian tea and i know sikkim only from hearsay, i would say the tea was much like a darjeeling. i would say a bit weak for a black tea.
True, they are champagne of black teas compared to the whiskey, scotch, bourbon of Chinese blacks and the malts of Assam. A very different animal.

Sep 3rd, '12, 02:45
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 3rd, '12, 02:45

I have a Nepalese grocery store pretty close by...should I attempt to procure some tea? I think they'd probably hand me something pretty crappy, but you never know :)

Oct 16th, '12, 11:53

Re: Himalayan black tea

by jcov » Oct 16th, '12, 11:53

I'm looking forward to try a Himalayan tea. I think is great to have different flavors and experiences from different regions. If anyone know where to get a descent to great one, let me know.

Oct 17th, '12, 12:41

by chado.my.teaway » Oct 17th, '12, 12:41

Try teas from Kuwapani T.E. Nawa Arya Tara T.E. and Jun Chiyabari T.E.

for me the best. try FF.

Aug 18th, '13, 17:23

by rabbit » Aug 18th, '13, 17:23

jayinhk wrote:I have a Nepalese grocery store pretty close by...should I attempt to procure some tea? I think they'd probably hand me something pretty crappy, but you never know :)
Oddly most of the people I talked to in Nepal prefer tea from India, they would probably sell you a strong ctc loose tea from darjeeling or assam haha!

Aug 27th, '13, 09:07

by Tead Off » Aug 27th, '13, 09:07

rabbit wrote:
jayinhk wrote:I have a Nepalese grocery store pretty close by...should I attempt to procure some tea? I think they'd probably hand me something pretty crappy, but you never know :)
Oddly most of the people I talked to in Nepal prefer tea from India, they would probably sell you a strong ctc loose tea from darjeeling or assam haha!
And, most of the people in India also prefer a ctc from India. :D

One of the difficulties of Nepali and Indian tea drinkers is getting the good stuff. So much is exported that the good stuff is not widely available.

Today, I was given a generous gift of Nepali teas. I broke into the bag from Jun Chiyabari which was labeled 'Himalayan Orange'. The smell of the dry leaves promised me a lovely experience. The citrus overtones and flowery aroma were powerful in the mouth. Very intense flavor. This has the terroir of the Darjeeling area, and the power of an Assam. Interesting tea. Recommended.

Aug 27th, '13, 17:31

by Chip » Aug 27th, '13, 17:31

Tead Off wrote:
rabbit wrote:
And, most of the people in India also prefer a ctc from India. :D

One of the difficulties of Nepali and Indian tea drinkers is getting the good stuff. So much is exported that the good stuff is not widely available.
+1. This has been the case for as many years as I have been drinking tea. Best Indian region teas are most likely exported compared to origins such as China which often keeps the best.

Aug 27th, '13, 21:58
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Aug 27th, '13, 21:58

The Nepalese store only had Indian tea (as predicted). My mom only drinks the CTC stuff too. I've started prerinsing her black tea when I drink it with her and it does appear to take the astringent edge off. For some reason black tea first thing in the morning makes me nauseous, but none of the Chinese teas I drink do...

Aug 27th, '13, 23:32

by Tead Off » Aug 27th, '13, 23:32

jayinhk wrote:The Nepalese store only had Indian tea (as predicted). My mom only drinks the CTC stuff too. I've started prerinsing her black tea when I drink it with her and it does appear to take the astringent edge off. For some reason black tea first thing in the morning makes me nauseous, but none of the Chinese teas I drink do...
I get this effect sometimes from Japanese teas on an empty stomach.

+ Post Reply