Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Sep 3rd, '13, 22:04

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by kikula » Sep 3rd, '13, 22:04

I'm enjoying a good variety of oolong teas from Norbu this month. At the moment enjoying 5th infusion of Ba Xian, winter 2012, still fragrant and lightly fruity with a pretty little bite setting in, a nice complement to yesterday's roasty 2012 Da Hong Pao. Very nice doing business with Greg! Enjoying both Andrjev Bero pots and waiting for one from Petr in the mail - was I not going to tumble down the teaware rabbit hole? But I think I'll be settled now. Chip, do not roll your eyes at me.

I'm a little uncomfortable writing about the teas I taste - I tend to be very interested in and excited about all of them, even the ones that don't thrill me, after just a year into all this, and although I honestly sort of wish I wouldn't lose that happy naivete' too soon it can make for effusive and perhaps unhelpful reviews. :oops: I deftly excised the really orgasmic ones from other forums, sigh. So I'm practicing up on sober and circumspect accuracy now.
(Yum.)

Sep 4th, '13, 00:04

by debunix » Sep 4th, '13, 00:04

I too enjoyed a Norbu oolong today--a traditional roast TGY from 2009, now minimally aged. I've enjoyed this one so much that some more is on order. It actually improves when I brew it for the thermos and let it sit a bit before drinking--the deep roast taste fades a little to an earthy spicey sweetness, and it's great for a working afternoon.

Sep 4th, '13, 00:59

by etorix » Sep 4th, '13, 00:59

after a mildly disappointing session with a black tea [that prolly wasnt its fault]

ive cracked a free-inclusion-with-order 25gm bag of Dong Ding Oolong Tea, Lot 213 April 2013 from taiwanteacrafts

the level of info on its page is gratifying http://www.taiwanteacrafts.com/product/ ... olong-tea/

but why not name the maker

Code: Select all

Here is another tea that showcases the roasting craftsmanship of our tea master. 
or am i missing something

id buy more from this man: Sifu-a

Sep 5th, '13, 21:36

by debunix » Sep 5th, '13, 21:36

I have been enjoying some more of the Imperial TGY from Yunnan Sourcing today--a first set of infusions was very floral and much appreciated by my tea buddies at work, but I'm still getting a few nice infusions out of the leftover leaves.

Sep 7th, '13, 01:12

by debunix » Sep 7th, '13, 01:12

A three-oolong day today: started with the last of the TGY from Yunnan Sourcing, still sweet and bright, then moved on to open a fresh 2013 Alishan oolong from Norbu, with that distinct high mountain oolong caramel/hay/summery richness, and now finishing up with some Bai Ye Wang dan cong from TeaHabitat, sweet, floral, fruity. Delightful.

Sep 7th, '13, 06:48
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 7th, '13, 06:48

High roast shui xian from a HK dealer. I brewed it in my infuser mug instead of my Yixing for a change. Quite the change. There was a 'green' quality to the tea and a certain unpleasant edge that I don't get in my shuiping. I'll stick to brewing it in my teapot from now on!

Sep 7th, '13, 11:39

by nw-T » Sep 7th, '13, 11:39

Drinking a wonderful 2012 Spring Charcoal Roasted Dong Ding from FLT.
A perfect tea for this Fall like day in Seattle! :D
Looking fwd to drinking more roasted Oolong this Fall.

Sep 7th, '13, 16:50

by GuyWan » Sep 7th, '13, 16:50

I started the day with some handrolled Himalayan tips oolong from Nepal (sample received from darjeeling.cz). I prepared the water in a sterling silver kettle heated over an alcohol flame and the results were amazing. The mouthfeel was incredibly buttery.

Sep 8th, '13, 01:07

by Tead Off » Sep 8th, '13, 01:07

GuyWan wrote:I started the day with some handrolled Himalayan tips oolong from Nepal (sample received from darjeeling.cz). I prepared the water in a sterling silver kettle heated over an alcohol flame and the results were amazing. The mouthfeel was incredibly buttery.
Yes, the Nepali teas seem to have that mouthfeel often.

Sep 8th, '13, 04:44

by Tead Off » Sep 8th, '13, 04:44

Pancha Buddha Tea from http://www.ajambaretea.net in Kathmandu. These are the largest rolled oolong balls I've ever seen. The leaf sets are big, 1 bud/3 leaves. Perfumed aroma with that recognizable Darjeeling flavor. Very good stuff.
Nepali big rolled Oolong.jpg
Nepali big rolled Oolong.jpg (62.5 KiB) Viewed 2396 times

Sep 13th, '13, 16:51

by debunix » Sep 13th, '13, 16:51

Morning Crane's Hwang Cha from Jeong Jae Yeun, such a mellow fruity sweet tart tea, so distinctive. I love coming back to this one after a week or two away, and rediscovering it's wonderfulness all over again. It's rich reddish brown liquor looks so nice in my deep green Seigan oribe Hagi.

Sep 14th, '13, 02:19

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Sep 14th, '13, 02:19

Today, 9 rounds of TTC's Spring 2013 Baozhong tea (95deg. filtered water. with 8.5 grams of leaf) Still amazing and every time wonderful...a healing experience, the scent cup is always a sort of aromatherapy of lingering floral notes and a complex sweetness. I pour the tea in a 120ml Novak glazed (inside and out) kyusu bought from Darjeeling.cz. It's a wonderful kyusu with and amazingly smooth pour and exquisite glazing...a fiery red tianmu...that keeps all the "high notes" of the fragrant baozhong tea alive. Really rich pour!! I leave it with a sense of gratitude and clarity.

Blessings!

Sep 14th, '13, 07:56

by sherubtse » Sep 14th, '13, 07:56

I have started on a bag of Mountain Tea's "Four Seasons of Spring".

What has happened to Mouintain Tea? :?

Their Facebook page has been silent for more than 2 months, and there have been no newsletters or blog postiongs from them for quite some time. In addition, their website lists only 2 teaas for 2013.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Sep 14th, '13, 10:53
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 14th, '13, 10:53

sherubtse wrote:I have started on a bag of Mountain Tea's "Four Seasons of Spring".

What has happened to Mouintain Tea? :?

Their Facebook page has been silent for more than 2 months, and there have been no newsletters or blog postiongs from them for quite some time. In addition, their website lists only 2 teaas for 2013.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Good question. I will have to contact Chicco to see what's up!

Sep 15th, '13, 15:07

by mcrdotcom » Sep 15th, '13, 15:07

Tie Guan Yin from House of Tea in Ireland :)

Beautiful tea floral, creamy flavours, delightful!

+ Post Reply