Opinions Please

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jasmine Tea - Green or white?

Green
43%
White
43%
Both
14%

Total votes: 7

Sep 18th, '13, 13:04

Opinions Please

by Suz » Sep 18th, '13, 13:04

I'm a Jasmine tea fan. I've had a few different varieties. I was wondering if others prefer the green or the white.

Sep 18th, '13, 13:44

Re: Opinions Please

by sherubtse » Sep 18th, '13, 13:44

What about a "Neither" option.

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I dislike jasmine teas of all sorts. In fact, I dislike flavoured teas of all sorts. Again, a minority preference, more-than-likely.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Sep 18th, '13, 14:41

by Suz » Sep 18th, '13, 14:41

sherubtse wrote:What about a "Neither" option.

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I dislike jasmine teas of all sorts. In fact, I dislike flavoured teas of all sorts. Again, a minority preference, more-than-likely.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
The option in that case is not to vote. I hadn't consisted anyone would express their dislike of jasmine tea. I'm surprised you posted.

Sep 18th, '13, 16:01

by debunix » Sep 18th, '13, 16:01

My preference in Jasmine tea is mostly to do with the strength & quality of the Jasmine flavoring--when it's too strong, even if naturally derived, I feel like I'm drinking perfume and it's unpleasant. When it's naturally scented and done with a light touch, I enjoy both occasionally. The delicacy of a nice silver needle seems fundamentally a little better suited to jasmine in principle, but in fact the best jasmines I've had have been rolled green tea versions.

Sep 18th, '13, 17:22

by sherubtse » Sep 18th, '13, 17:22

Suz wrote:
sherubtse wrote:What about a "Neither" option.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
The option in that case is not to vote. I hadn't consisted anyone would express their dislike of jasmine tea. I'm surprised you posted.
Yes, perhaps I should not have expressed an opinion on this issue. The topic is for those who like jasmine teas, not for those (like myself) who don't.

My apologies.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Sep 18th, '13, 18:37

by ole » Sep 18th, '13, 18:37

debunix wrote:My preference in Jasmine tea is mostly to do with the strength & quality of the Jasmine flavoring--when it's too strong, even if naturally derived, I feel like I'm drinking perfume and it's unpleasant. When it's naturally scented and done with a light touch, I enjoy both occasionally. The delicacy of a nice silver needle seems fundamentally a little better suited to jasmine in principle, but in fact the best jasmines I've had have been rolled green tea versions.
I strongly agree with you there. Although scented teas are not my favorite at all, I can enjoy a cup of jasmine every now and then. But just as you said, sometimes if it is too dominant it feels like you're drinking perfume. Not all that pleasant.

Sep 18th, '13, 18:48

by edkrueger » Sep 18th, '13, 18:48

The chopped up green ones without much jasmine taste –because it sometimes comes with dim sum.

Sep 19th, '13, 07:34
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 19th, '13, 07:34

Green(ish). Some put Jasmine pearls in with oolong/pouching. I very rarely reach for a jasmine anymore, but if I did, it would be Jasmine pearls.

And it must be the traditionally scented versions versus the flavored ones which make me queasy just thinking of them.

Sep 19th, '13, 07:41
Scrolling: scrolling

Opinions Please

by Jspigs » Sep 19th, '13, 07:41

debunix wrote:My preference in Jasmine tea is mostly to do with the strength & quality of the Jasmine flavoring--when it's too strong, even if naturally derived, I feel like I'm drinking perfume and it's unpleasant. When it's naturally scented and done with a light touch, I enjoy both occasionally. The delicacy of a nice silver needle seems fundamentally a little better suited to jasmine in principle, but in fact the best jasmines I've had have been rolled green tea versions.
This exactly.

Sep 21st, '13, 19:56

by mcrdotcom » Sep 21st, '13, 19:56

Silver needle jasmine, when delicate and as said previously, not like drinking perfume is a wonderful digestif or late night relaxer! Green jasmine reminds me of Chinese restaurants and would purely be a digestif for me! However I enjoy both but only when my head or stomach needs nursing :)

Sep 21st, '13, 20:34

by Suz » Sep 21st, '13, 20:34

Thanks for the replies. :)

+ Post Reply