Tong Purchases

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Sep 17th, '13, 20:53
Vendor Member

Re: Tong Purchases

by jayinhk » Sep 17th, '13, 20:53

I can't argue with any of the stuff above. Redbaron's voice is the voice of reason. Since you already bought the tongs, in your thongs, I'd stick 'em in a clean Rubbermaid cooler (no ice, no six packs) away from the radiator/heat/air conditioning, and burp it occasionally. A cardboard box works too, but I personally stick my small pu collection in a fancy glass cabinet full of crystal glasses/decanters/dishes/etc.

In a container like a cooler, you probably won't need to worry about humidity too much as the humidity will rise slightly above the level in the room.

I have to agree that sampling is the way to go--that's how gems are discovered. When you find something you really like, that's the time to get your tong on.

Sep 18th, '13, 14:29

by theredbaron » Sep 18th, '13, 14:29

AllanK wrote: I have no interest in buying Puerh to sell it, only to drink it, both now and much later when it ages.

If you reject advice, why ask in the first place?

Sep 18th, '13, 22:29

by MarshalN » Sep 18th, '13, 22:29

AllanK wrote: I have no interest in buying Puerh to sell it, only to drink it, both now and much later when it ages.
When did anyone talk about reselling tea?

Sep 19th, '13, 18:32

by tst » Sep 19th, '13, 18:32

theredbaron wrote:

I think it's more of a miscommunication than anyone "rejecting advice", but I could be wrong.

Sep 20th, '13, 00:32

by AllanK » Sep 20th, '13, 00:32

tst wrote:
theredbaron wrote:

I think it's more of a miscommunication than anyone "rejecting advice", but I could be wrong.
All I asked was did anyone know of any good raw puerh for aging that wasn't too expensive? I can decide for myself how much to buy!

Sep 20th, '13, 00:44

by Tead Off » Sep 20th, '13, 00:44

AllanK wrote:
tst wrote:
theredbaron wrote:

All I asked was did anyone know of any good raw puerh for aging that wasn't too expensive? I can decide for myself how much to buy!
+1

Sep 20th, '13, 03:34

by theredbaron » Sep 20th, '13, 03:34

AllanK wrote:
tst wrote:
theredbaron wrote:

Nice attitude...

Shah82 and I have made the effort to give you several links to teas that are good to age, and also tried to help you in correcting some of your beginners errors.

Do whatever you want, and see where it will lead you a few years down the line, when you find out that you are stuck with thongs of less than mediocre tea.

Sep 20th, '13, 06:27

by yanom » Sep 20th, '13, 06:27

the resale value is a bit of an illusion

Sep 20th, '13, 06:52

by Tead Off » Sep 20th, '13, 06:52

theredbaron wrote:
AllanK wrote:
tst wrote:
theredbaron wrote:

Nice attitude...

Shah82 and I have made the effort to give you several links to teas that are good to age, and also tried to help you in correcting some of your beginners errors.

Do whatever you want, and see where it will lead you a few years down the line, when you find out that you are stuck with thongs of less than mediocre tea.
He needs to make his own decisions. All we can do is suggest.

+ Post Reply