Yunnansourcing productions and aging +++

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Oct 6th, '13, 08:43

Yunnansourcing productions and aging +++

by theredbaron » Oct 6th, '13, 08:43

I don't drink you Pu Erh other than just the first taste to see if i find some aging potential. A bit of a game of luck, i guess, but i look for strength and depth, as well as developing and long lasting infusions.

Now, in 2013, it's now time for me to begin to judge my first Yunnansourcing productions i bought in 2008 and 2009. The 2009 "Wu Liang Lan Xiang" i have mentioned already a few times i find very good - it's been aging very quickly, and has a lovely complex taste.

Right now i have tried the 2008 Dehong Wild Tree with purple leaves, and find it a winner as well. Not as complex (but far from bland), with a extremely pleasant sweetness, very subtle aftertaste.

I have since bought several other teas of Scott's production, but i will wait for a year or two or three before i will try them.

As a comparison some of my larger factory production teas from 2008/2009 have been a mixed bunch, some of them have been less than stellar in their development.

When i began buying Pu Erh in 2000/2001, i started with small production teas i bought in Malaysia, and they have developed exceptionally well. Looking at how the few teas from Yunnansourcing are now beginning their aging process (here in Bangkok aging goes quite quick, and 4 to 5 years already gives major changes to Pu Erh), it looks to me that dedicated small production outfits is for me the way to continue, with a far higher chance to get a winner.

Oct 7th, '13, 10:36
Vendor Member

Re: Yunnansourcing productions and aging +++

by TwoDog2 » Oct 7th, '13, 10:36

theredbaron wrote: As a comparison some of my larger factory production teas from 2008/2009 have been a mixed bunch, some of them have been less than stellar in their development.
Any factories or blends you found to be particularly good or bad?

Oct 7th, '13, 11:25

Re: Yunnansourcing productions and aging +++

by theredbaron » Oct 7th, '13, 11:25

TwoDog2 wrote:
theredbaron wrote: As a comparison some of my larger factory production teas from 2008/2009 have been a mixed bunch, some of them have been less than stellar in their development.
Any factories or blends you found to be particularly good or bad?
The two Haiwan blends i tried i found quite rough, one from 2006, and one from 2008. Who knows, in a few years maybe they will improve, but i doubt that they will be any good.

This one here turned out really well: http://yunnansourcing.com/en/china-nati ... u-erh.html , especially also considering the price i bought it for 5 years ago.

There are lots of others which should be ready now for testing, such as several Mengku teas.
But i am already quite happy with the winners i am having now - together with my older teas, and some others i bought in Malaysia, which are well on their way of becoming nice ones, i am well supplied for a looong time. :)

+ Post Reply