SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh


Check out members who are in the business of TEA/teaware!

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby etorix » Oct 3rd, '13, 13:21

William wrote:
etorix wrote:you show a Late 90s Yixing Pot http://www.origintea.net/teaware/teapot ... ing-hei-ni

i have a virtually identical pot to this, bought from one of the 'antiques' sites

not the same markings tho, also mine has no lidstamp

on the bay, cost was 0.01 cents, no other bids so thats what i was charged

well, i paid shipping i guess

really really 'friendly' pot, feels great in the hand

Similarity can mean everything and nothing.
Have you tried to brew some water without leaves? Have you felt any difference?

This is just a test that I often try on new teapots.


erm .. and whats your point exactly? i'm not getting it
User avatar
etorix
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Feb 16th, '
Location: London England

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby William » Oct 3rd, '13, 14:50

etorix wrote:
William wrote:
etorix wrote:you show a Late 90s Yixing Pot http://www.origintea.net/teaware/teapot ... ing-hei-ni

i have a virtually identical pot to this, bought from one of the 'antiques' sites

not the same markings tho, also mine has no lidstamp

on the bay, cost was 0.01 cents, no other bids so thats what i was charged

well, i paid shipping i guess

really really 'friendly' pot, feels great in the hand

Similarity can mean everything and nothing.
Have you tried to brew some water without leaves? Have you felt any difference?

This is just a test that I often try on new teapots.


erm .. and whats your point exactly? i'm not getting it


What I mean is that it seems to me quite hazardous, to compare two teapots for the sole reason that they are, more or less, the same aesthetically.

If you really want to do a comparison between teapots, the test I have suggested is one of many possible.
William
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Jul 10th, '
Location: Italy, EU.

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby etorix » Oct 3rd, '13, 15:50

erm, how exactly?

the silentchaos pot is presumably NOS, i.e unused since fabrication

the pot im referring to has definite age, but undetermined ..

its definitely not been used for some time, but it also shows signs of use over a considerable time

it feels good because its been handled with love for at least some of that time

and im not counting the time it was in the hands of the merchant
User avatar
etorix
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Feb 16th, '
Location: London England

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby William » Oct 3rd, '13, 16:16

etorix wrote:erm, how exactly?

the silentchaos pot is presumably NOS, i.e unused since fabrication

the pot im referring to has definite age, but undetermined ..

its definitely not been used for some time, but it also shows signs of use over a considerable time

it feels good because its been handled with love for at least some of that time

and im not counting the time it was in the hands of the merchant

I highly doubt that a teapot that you paid a penny (excluding shipping costs) has been made up of Yi Xing clay, as I highly doubt that it was created over 3/5 years ago.

Take my words as my personal opinion, after all I am on this forum to learn! :)
William
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Jul 10th, '
Location: Italy, EU.

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby the_economist » Oct 3rd, '13, 16:26

I think William means that just because two pots look alike does not imply that they are the same pot, in particular, clay-wise.
User avatar
the_economist
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sep 4th, '1

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby etorix » Oct 3rd, '13, 17:52

the_economist wrote:I think William means that just because two pots look alike does not imply that they are the same pot, in particular, clay-wise.

i clearly stated that the markings are totally different

and also that its my favorite pot, in the hand

may i politely request that he gets back in his box
User avatar
etorix
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Feb 16th, '
Location: London England

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby William » Oct 3rd, '13, 18:53

etorix wrote:
the_economist wrote:I think William means that just because two pots look alike does not imply that they are the same pot, in particular, clay-wise.

i clearly stated that the markings are totally different

and also that its my favorite pot, in the hand

may i politely request that he gets back in his box

Therefore I misunderstood your words, I apologize.
William
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Jul 10th, '
Location: Italy, EU.

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby SilentChaos » Oct 7th, '13, 13:32

Given the positive response we received, Origin Tea is extending the 'Pot-N-Tea' sale to the 13th of October 2013. More pots hitting the shelves soon! :D
User avatar
SilentChaos
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Feb 2nd, '1
Location: Taipei

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby Chip » Oct 7th, '13, 14:45

... weeee ... and congratulations!!! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22089
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby etorix » Oct 8th, '13, 18:55

*o0o*

i recently posted here re the similarities of my favorite in-hand-pot:
a PotOfNoImportance

to a pot u have for sale, to try justify breaking my strict cashflow rules to myself by buying it, an attempt to justify its purchase:
mine is half-hand-made, tho not that well finished the maker had skills, a pot turned out in a hurry to sell to nobody
a PotOfNoImportance
it was patently used for a longtime by one PersonOfNoImportance, then bought in and sold for a pittance online
i love this PotOfNoImportance
i have a pot that i use daily, i have better pots i use occasionally, i have pots i will never use [in my window]
this is the only pot i feel love from, tho i may never finish reconditioning it, nor use it much after

will i be insulting it even by buying in a similar; to put in a use-roster; to be the first-user-of
User avatar
etorix
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Feb 16th, '
Location: London England

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby SilentChaos » Oct 9th, '13, 01:37

Still quite a few days to go till the sale ends, so plenty of time to decide. :wink:
User avatar
SilentChaos
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Feb 2nd, '1
Location: Taipei

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby SilentChaos » Oct 14th, '13, 06:52

Headsup! :mrgreen:

In reverse to the Spring harvest, the TW Winter harvest proceeds 'down the mountain', starting with the highest tea regions and ending with the lowest. That is, DYLs are the first Winter gaoshans to hit the shelves, which for this season was a few days ago! :mrgreen:
User avatar
SilentChaos
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Feb 2nd, '1
Location: Taipei

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby hobnob » Oct 16th, '13, 14:51

Cool 8)

When do the new teas become available on your site? Will they be marked as new winter stock or something?
hobnob
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Jul 14th, '
Location: The U of K

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby SilentChaos » Oct 21st, '13, 07:36

hobnob wrote:Cool 8)

When do the new teas become available on your site? Will they be marked as new winter stock or something?


:) The highest elevation teas will be made available in about 10 days or so, and the rest will follow as the harvest proceeds. They will be marked as 2013 Winter.
User avatar
SilentChaos
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Feb 2nd, '1
Location: Taipei

Re: SilentChaos - Origin Tea, Oolong & Puerh

Postby the_economist » Nov 15th, '13, 22:50

http://teadb.org/origin-tea/

Detailed interview with SilentChaos!
User avatar
the_economist
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sep 4th, '1

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation