Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Re: Official Pu of the day

Postby Teaism » Oct 15th, '13, 20:55

siae wrote:I must try more Youle tea! Any tips on what I could add to my try-list if I want to explore the area some more?

Typically for enjoyment, I have a few crates of different tea from different era nicely "filed" and I call them everyday tea. The pick normally is according to my mood and curiosity.
For thorough study and understanding, I brew tea from different mountains ( eg Youle, Yiwu, Hekai, Gedeng etc) or region (eg Menghai, Mengla, Bulang, Lincang etc) every 3 months at different ages. This is to understand how different mountain or area tea character and how they aged.

It is up to you to plan your program to suit your quest but most important is to do your tea homework diligently. The only way to learn is to do it and gain the experience from it ....... doggedly and consistently....

Have a good day. Cheers!
Teaism

Postby chin » Oct 16th, '13, 02:49

Hi Teaism,

I am still new here. Do you own any LBZ tea??? how is the LBZ aged compare to Yiwu, DXS, Bingdao ... etc?? Does anyone know what is the price for these teas per kg right now (for updating purpose)??

Teaism wrote:
siae wrote:I must try more Youle tea! Any tips on what I could add to my try-list if I want to explore the area some more?

Typically for enjoyment, I have a few crates of different tea from different era nicely "filed" and I call them everyday tea. The pick normally is according to my mood and curiosity.
For thorough study and understanding, I brew tea from different mountains ( eg Youle, Yiwu, Hekai, Gedeng etc) or region (eg Menghai, Mengla, Bulang, Lincang etc) every 3 months at different ages. This is to understand how different mountain or area tea character and how they aged.

It is up to you to plan your program to suit your quest but most important is to do your tea homework diligently. The only way to learn is to do it and gain the experience from it ....... doggedly and consistently....

Have a good day. Cheers!
chin

Postby chrl42 » Oct 16th, '13, 03:32

chin wrote:Hi Teaism,

I am still new here. Do you own any LBZ tea??? how is the LBZ aged compare to Yiwu, DXS, Bingdao ... etc?? Does anyone know what is the price for these teas per kg right now (for updating purpose)??

Teaism wrote:

Have a good day. Cheers!

I remember LBZ costed around 3000rmb/500g, the price changes everyday and is not 'pure' LBZ so to speak..

I heard Lincang's Bingdao and Xigui were around 2000 (crazy price!)..Yiwu (Gua Feng Zai) was also over 1000. DXS might be cheaper for maocha..
chrl42

Postby siae » Oct 16th, '13, 06:08

Thanks Teaism, great advice and sounds like a lot of fun!
siae

Postby TIM » Oct 16th, '13, 21:26

Laser Brick from the 90's in the pot
TIM
Vendor Member

Postby William » Oct 17th, '13, 14:23

TIM wrote:Laser Brick from the 90's in the pot

Hi Tim,
How was the taste?

Ps. Beautiful plate, made in Europe?
William

Postby TIM » Oct 17th, '13, 15:09

William wrote:

Hi Tim,
How was the taste?

Taste wonderful, thanks Will.
Transferware. England. ca. 1900s
TIM
Vendor Member

Postby TIM » Oct 17th, '13, 15:14

Pu'er Dancong. Special Harvest Yiwu Wilderness Pu'er Growing beneath a forest canopy, the supple, single-trunk trees wind upwards in search of filtered light. Scattered flushes of growth, suspended within a rare ecology, provide the basis for an elegant and unique tea-drinking experience. Single grove, highly limited, 250g. Loopy Qi!

TIM
Vendor Member

Postby TwoDog2 » Oct 19th, '13, 00:40

Hey TIM, I really like the lid of that pot. Beautiful.
TwoDog2
Vendor Member

Postby chrl42 » Oct 19th, '13, 08:18

TwoDog2 wrote:Hey TIM, I really like the lid of that pot. Beautiful.

I like the color of the soup, yumm.
chrl42

Official Pu of the day

Postby Jspigs » Oct 19th, '13, 12:39

chrl42 wrote:
TwoDog2 wrote:Hey TIM, I really like the lid of that pot. Beautiful.

I like the color of the soup, yumm.

I like all of it. Especially the pot.
Jspigs

Postby Teaism » Oct 20th, '13, 11:17

1993 Sheng toucha.

Mellow, sweet, floral scent with comforting texture.
Teaism

Postby mr mopu » Oct 20th, '13, 17:02

TIM wrote:
William wrote:

Hi Tim,
How was the taste?

Taste wonderful, thanks Will.
Transferware. England. ca. 1900s

Hi Tim. Where did you obtain the laser brick. I have been trying to find one. 8)
mr mopu

Postby tst » Oct 20th, '13, 19:00

Finished brewing 1999 Hua Yuan "Jing Brand" raw puerh cake. Not very impressed ... very smokey for a tea this old. Starting some 8972 from LiT now. Interesting so far, but only one brew in.
tst

Postby BioHorn » Oct 20th, '13, 23:50

Cold weather. Tea transition time.
Some '07 Secret Aroma Shu fit the bill.
BioHorn

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions