Favorite Chinese Tea Sellers

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Oct 19th, '13, 10:32

by AllanK » Oct 19th, '13, 10:32

What store is your favorite seller of Chinese Tea from China and what store is your favorite seller of Chinese Tea from the US? Do you have a local favorite?

Mine would have to be Yunnan Sourcing from China and Purepuer.com from the US. So far my favorite local place in NY area is Ten Ren Tea although there are more I have not discovered.

Oct 25th, '13, 14:44
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Favorite Chinese Tea Sellers

by Dizzwave » Oct 25th, '13, 14:44

Actually I'd have to say Yunnan Sourcing for both China and US! :D They recently opened up a US warehouse, so you no longer have to pay the big shipping fees or wait 6 weeks for the slowboat. (Of course the shipping costs are now padded into the tea prices, but it *seems* like by not as much...)
Here's their US link: http://www.yunnansourcing.us/

Oct 26th, '13, 11:56

by puerhking » Oct 26th, '13, 11:56

Jing teashop is excellent and I also like JK Teas.

http://www.jingteashop.com/
http://jkteashop.com/

Nov 1st, '13, 02:08

by amaranto » Nov 1st, '13, 02:08

+1 for Jing Tea Shop in China. I'm a fan of Yunnan Sourcing, too.

Seven Cups gets my vote for the US. Great tea and excellent customer service.

Nov 4th, '13, 06:49

by Puerlife » Nov 4th, '13, 06:49

I randomly chose this store for my first bing purchase ever (way back when, five months ago) and it arrived, and wasn't fake, no problems. It was the 2011 Dayi 7572 shu. Their postage is really cheap, in fact, free if your order is over 30 bucks.
http://www.chineseteaart.com/chinese-pu ... c-149.html

But they don't have much of a selection, especially compared to Yunnan Sourcing, which I've recieved one large order from. I can see Scott being my main supplier for a long, long time. Great service and prices.

Nov 4th, '13, 10:16

by rabbit » Nov 4th, '13, 10:16

+1 for jkteashop.

Nov 4th, '13, 21:47

by AllanK » Nov 4th, '13, 21:47

Puerlife wrote:I randomly chose this store for my first bing purchase ever (way back when, five months ago) and it arrived, and wasn't fake, no problems. It was the 2011 Dayi 7572 shu. Their postage is really cheap, in fact, free if your order is over 30 bucks.
http://www.chineseteaart.com/chinese-pu ... c-149.html

But they don't have much of a selection, especially compared to Yunnan Sourcing, which I've recieved one large order from. I can see Scott being my main supplier for a long, long time. Great service and prices.
I have not seen anyone online with as good a selection as Yunnan Sourcing. I only wish their US site would start shipping UPS like Puerhshop. I have put in several orders with Scott at both his China site and US site. The teas from the US site seemed as good as the ones from China but he has limited availability compared to his China site.
Last edited by AllanK on Nov 4th, '13, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

Nov 4th, '13, 22:14

by mr mopu » Nov 4th, '13, 22:14

Berylleb King Tea on Ebay is a great seller. They also source things for me if I provide a link. They have even gone as far as to tell me they cannot get an item because they can't verify it as "genuine".

Nov 4th, '13, 22:24

by AllanK » Nov 4th, '13, 22:24

mr mopu wrote:Berylleb King Tea on Ebay is a great seller. They also source things for me if I provide a link. They have even gone as far as to tell me they cannot get an item because they can't verify it as "genuine".
I have not heard of this seller. Do you have a link? I do not know how to find a particular seller on ebay, searches seem to be by item not seller?

Nov 4th, '13, 22:29

by mr mopu » Nov 4th, '13, 22:29

AllanK wrote:
mr mopu wrote:Berylleb King Tea on Ebay is a great seller. They also source things for me if I provide a link. They have even gone as far as to tell me they cannot get an item because they can't verify it as "genuine".
I have not heard of this seller. Do you have a link? I do not know how to find a particular seller on ebay, searches seem to be by item not seller?
Hi Allan, try this link to one of their items. From it you can view their store. Always great service and really fast shipping. Always "Authentic". Tell them John sent you and you will have no issues. http://www.ebay.com/itm/221139074985?va ... 1423.l2649.

Nov 4th, '13, 22:46

by AllanK » Nov 4th, '13, 22:46

mr mopu wrote:
AllanK wrote:
Hi Allan, try this link to one of their items. From it you can view their store. Always great service and really fast shipping. Always "Authentic". Tell them John sent you and you will have no issues. http://www.ebay.com/itm/221139074985?va ... 1423.l2649.
I think I will try ordering one shu cake from them, something five or six years old. Have you ever ordered from Dragon Tea House on Ebay?
I just got an order of four different Dayi shu cakes and one Dayi sheng cake, all 2012 and 2011. The Shu needs a little aging but seems good. It is hard for me to tell today as my palette is off because of something I ate and all tea tastes bad. I have not yet tried the Sheng. I bought all for moderate to long term aging and don't expect to drink them now, except to sample them.

Nov 4th, '13, 22:51

by mr mopu » Nov 4th, '13, 22:51

Yes, dragon Tea house is excellent also.

Nov 4th, '13, 23:16

by AllanK » Nov 4th, '13, 23:16

mr mopu wrote:Yes, dragon Tea house is excellent also.
Have you ever ordered from purepuer.com? Their name is a bit of a gimmick, they say they only sell "pure" puer tea but their tea is really good. I have bought five different Shu puerh from them and one Sheng, all were good although the Sheng I bought was not aged but only six or seven years old. They don't have anything like the selection of Yunnan Sourcing. They are in the US.

+ Post Reply