Intro w/ question

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Nov 4th, '13, 17:56

Intro w/ question

by JoeSlivik » Nov 4th, '13, 17:56

Hey guys!

Just joined the forum a few days ago, and let me say y'all impressed me off the bat! Very vast and informative. My question to you guys is: Im looking for a quality, reputable, online source for tea. I know some companies specialize in a certain type of tea (white, oolong, what have you) but Im looking for a source that has a good feel for all of them until I develop my palate. I hear good things from Adiago and horror stories from Teavana, so I'm just seeing what else is out there.

Thanks guys!

Joe

Nov 5th, '13, 04:03

Intro w/ question

by mcrdotcom » Nov 5th, '13, 04:03

I only placed one order with adagio and it hasn't arrived so I can't comment on that yet really, however they seem like a great vendor to start with and they have a lot of good ratings :)

Dragon Tea House (Google it, they have a great eBay store) do all types of tea and teaware, and they are a pretty trustworthy vendor from my experience! But they do have a big selection so perhaps a quick bit of research on the tea you want to buy would help you make better decisions (nothing worse what ordering from China and the tea tastes awful). I ordered 3 teas, a Gaiwan and 2 cup sets from them and everything was perfect a part from a horrible Oolong I got. (Their white and green teas are very nice and at the time very fresh in smell and taste).

There is a thread in each section of the forum for good vendors for each type of tea, so have a look at those and you can find a good vendor to start (that's how I found dragon tea house)

Hope that helps :)

Nov 5th, '13, 05:52
Location: Lat: N 59º 37' 3.79" Long: E 17º 49' 35.49" or thereabouts

Re: Intro w/ question

by sriracha » Nov 5th, '13, 05:52

I'm not sure where you're based but I think Canton Tea Co is a good vendor if you live in Europe.

Nov 5th, '13, 06:46

by JRS22 » Nov 5th, '13, 06:46

I think Adagio is an excellent vendor to begin with. I usually buy from specialty vendors now, but Adagio is a great vendor to start with, and possibly stick with if you find your favorites here. They're in a completely different ballpark than Teavana. The tea is fresh, generous samples are available for all teas, and the tea doesn't need heavy flavor additives to mask the true flavor of the tea. I would research brewing parameters independently of the advice they print on the packets.

Nov 9th, '13, 12:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Nov 9th, '13, 12:26

JRS22 wrote:I think Adagio is an excellent vendor to begin with. I usually buy from specialty vendors now, but Adagio is a great vendor to start with, and possibly stick with if you find your favorites here. They're in a completely different ballpark than Teavana. The tea is fresh, generous samples are available for all teas, and the tea doesn't need heavy flavor additives to mask the true flavor of the tea. I would research brewing parameters independently of the advice they print on the packets.
+1 and a tardy welcome to TeaChat.

Please enjoy your TeaJourney with us and be sure to share along the way.

+ Post Reply