Sourcing Russian Caravan Tea

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Sep 5th, '13, 16:56

Sourcing Russian Caravan Tea

by MEversbergII » Sep 5th, '13, 16:56

I've only just recently heard of this type of tea (not very into blends), and I'm curious to see what it's like. Might give me palate a nudge.

I've found a few prospects on Amazon, but I've never ordered tea there so I'm not sure how reputable anyone there is. I know some forum members say they've enjoyed this, so I was wondering if anyone knows a reputable source for this kind?

Thanks,

M.

Sep 5th, '13, 22:18

Re: Sourcing Russian Caravan Tea

by dan88 » Sep 5th, '13, 22:18

If you don't mind shipping from Canada, you can try this source. I have been to their store and found that they pretty knowledgeable about their teas. I can not comment on the price for this tea though, because I did not find yet other sources who sells this tea to compare with. And I did not try this tea yet, so I do not know about the quality.

Camellia sinensis http://camellia-sinensis.com/en/caravane-russe

Sep 13th, '13, 09:36

by MEversbergII » Sep 13th, '13, 09:36

I might try that, but I'm thinking for the first go I might try this one: http://www.amazon.com/Simpson-Vail-Inc- ... TBIQM32CZT

Anyone tried that brand before?

M.

Oct 24th, '13, 09:37

by AlexZorach » Oct 24th, '13, 09:37

I haven't tried it in years, because my family switched to drinking more Ahmad Tea and Upton Tea when we discovered those companies, but my family used to drink Murchie's Russian Caravan regularly, and I really liked it. It has a moderate level of smoke, not overwhelming the way pure British-style Lapsang Souchong can be, but it also has stronger black teas blended in, giving it more the character of a robust breakfast tea.

I really enjoyed it and definitely recommend taking a peek at that one.

Also, I have tried Simpson and Vail too and generally like their teas, but I haven't tried that particular tea from them.

Nov 11th, '13, 09:55

by MEversbergII » Nov 11th, '13, 09:55

Thanks for the link! I'll investigate that site and see what I can walk away with to maximize shipping - $6 worth of tea and $10 shipping just won't do!

M.

+ Post Reply