Wu Yi from Wu Yi star brand at DT opinions

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Dec 2nd, '13, 05:35

Wu Yi from Wu Yi star brand at DT opinions

by Oni » Dec 2nd, '13, 05:35

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tie-Luo-Han-Wuy ... 33773f8381
Has anyone tried these teas Wu Yi star brand, seem correctly priced for around 22 $/50grams, DT has the whole Si da Ming, all four great rock teas from this brand, I want some opinions from those who tried them. I am willing to spend around 100 $ for 200 grams of premium wu yi, considering that it is getting more expencieve every year, and I am tired of drinking green oolongs.

Dec 10th, '13, 04:58

Re: Wu Yi from Wu Yi star brand at DT opinions

by chrl42 » Dec 10th, '13, 04:58

Wuyi Star Ltd is one of major brands like Seadyke, Huiyuan etc. Possibly the biggest in size. Big brands' Wuyi are mostly fixed in price and quality..but Wuyi Star belongs to relatively higher group. The item you've shown belongs to economic items of Wuyi Star, certainly not Si Da Ming Cong or little ratio blended in.

If Seadyke and Huiyuan are targeted at Chaozhou and SE drinkers, Wuyi Star is pretty much at mainlanders. No much high-firing or traditional stuffs :mrgreen: IMO they are pretty decent as a gift

Dec 10th, '13, 05:40

by Tead Off » Dec 10th, '13, 05:40

Oni wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tie-Luo-Han-Wuy ... 33773f8381
Has anyone tried these teas Wu Yi star brand, seem correctly priced for around 22 $/50grams, DT has the whole Si da Ming, all four great rock teas from this brand, I want some opinions from those who tried them. I am willing to spend around 100 $ for 200 grams of premium wu yi, considering that it is getting more expencieve every year, and I am tired of drinking green oolongs.
I would recommend Yunnansourcing for Wuyi. If you are looking for tasty, light/medium roast, and cost effective, the TLH, Rou Gui, & others can't be beat for the price.

Dec 13th, '13, 14:34

by wyardley » Dec 13th, '13, 14:34

I haven't bought any from that source, but I have tried their teas before, probably last back in 2007 (at their actual location in Wuyishan). I think they are not the worst, but not that great either.

+ Post Reply