Evening, Morning, Afternoon...

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jan 26th, '08, 16:56

Evening, Morning, Afternoon...

by Dagny » Jan 26th, '08, 16:56

... wherever you might be. :) Hello, I'm new here and hopefully welcome. Just to introduce myself, I am a seventeen year old girl living in Iceland. I am a almost life-long tea drinker, I used to drink melroses(oh, the shame) with about four teaspoons of sugar when I was young and stupid at about 7 or 8 years, but I now work in a tea(and coffee) shop in Reykjavík, and drink almost completely loose leaf. :) The shop where I work has(hopefully) pretty decent tea, Ceylon and Assam(several kinds of each), Formosa Oolong, many Darjeelings, greens, whites, herbals and reds, and flavoured. Since I'm really the only person I know who drinks and thinks about tea the way I do, I hope I'll be able to talk to some people here who are even more tea nerds than I am.
Nice to meet you all!

Jan 26th, '08, 17:12

by hop_goblin » Jan 26th, '08, 17:12

Top of the morning to you and welcome!

Jan 26th, '08, 17:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 26th, '08, 17:21

Welcome to TeaChat, Dagny, you TeaNerd!!!

I will guess you are likely our first Icelandic member. I hope you stay a long while and share tea and tea stories with us, especially now that the nights are long and cold.

What are your favorite teas?

Jan 26th, '08, 17:51

by Dagny » Jan 26th, '08, 17:51

Chip wrote: What are your favorite teas?
Welp, it changes frequently but my current favorite is Formosa Oolong, and I hope I get to try other types of Oolong soon. That can only happen via online ordering I think, not many tea shops here.

Jan 26th, '08, 18:18
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 26th, '08, 18:18

Oh, like in Dong Ding, aka Tung Ting? Love that stuff. I prefer lighter greener Formosan oolongs generally, maybe up to 40% oxidized.

There are some good current threads on the subject of Formosan oolongs under Oolong Tea forum, but I bet you found them already?!?
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jan 27th, '08, 02:50
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Jan 27th, '08, 02:50

Hey Dagny! I so much want to visit Iceland. Nice to know there is a tea (and coffee) shop and a tea nerd there!

Welcome aboard.

Hint: Try Wuyi -- you'll like it!

+ Post Reply