From where in NET you buy your tea?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Dec 7th, '13, 06:33

From where in NET you buy your tea?

by A1ex » Dec 7th, '13, 06:33

hello
im new in this forum.

I want to odrder tea from NET. do you have recomended list shop of tea?

by now i buy my tea in "Le Palais des Thés", but they very expencive in my city.

Dec 7th, '13, 07:34

Re: From where in NET you buy your tea?

by Mureke » Dec 7th, '13, 07:34

So you live in France, right? You can generally get the cheapest and freshest teas by buying from as close to the source as possible. Look for vendors that ship directly from China/Taiwan/Japan.

Which vendor you choose depends on what type of tea you drink. If you want to get into Taiwanese oolongs, I would especially recommend Taiwan Tea Crafts who have the added benefit of providing French service.

For Chinese greens and whites, Teavivre is a good and affordable place to start, although the tea may not be of the highest grade: http://www.thecalin.com/

You can check the teavendor guide on this forum to get ideas, but your choice really depends on what you're looking for.

Dec 7th, '13, 08:37

by A1ex » Dec 7th, '13, 08:37

Im from Israel.
I very love jasmine green tea.

also I want to try taste Pu erh.

thanks for help

Dec 7th, '13, 09:22

by Mureke » Dec 7th, '13, 09:22

A1ex wrote:Im from Israel.
I see!

For fine jasmine tea, I recommend Bi Tan Piao Xue from teaspring.com. It contains plenty of whole jasmine flowers, and the tea itself is high quality and tippy. Just be sure to brew in low temperatures.

Another very interesting option would be the "Oolong 4 Types" sample pack from Teahome on Ebay. It has free shipping, and the pack includes 3 floral oolongs and a jasmine green tea. I personally haven't ordered from Teahome, though.

Yunnan Sourcing is recommendable for Pu ehr, but I can't say what to start with. Scott from Yunnan Sourcing is very helpful, so I'm sure he'd have some ideas. YS also has cheap teaware, so it's worth ordering a gaiwan from there.

Dec 7th, '13, 15:28

by A1ex » Dec 7th, '13, 15:28

I taking with "Yunnan" his shipping cost more than the tea :?

+ Post Reply