David's Tea

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Dec 14th, '13, 23:36

David's Tea

by Ursinos » Dec 14th, '13, 23:36

Is anyone here familiar with the TKY from David's Tea? I just bought 100g of it recently and am finding it a pleasurable experience, but I'm wondering how it stands up to other sources out there.

I know the best way to find out would be to compare with other suppliers, but funds are pretty tight and while I would LOVE to have 15 different kinds each of my favorite types of tea in the house, it's not feasable at the moment lol. (it's bad enough that I have more teapots than I have cupboard space lol).

I had been considering seeing what teavana has in stock (and maybe distinctly tea), but each of them has some quirks that makes me hesitant to buy tea from them.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Dec 15th, '13, 08:11

Re: David's Tea

by sherubtse » Dec 15th, '13, 08:11

Davids is an OK starting point, but once (if) you get more into loose-leaf tea, you will likely move on to other sources.

I would advise that you not buy from Teavana. If you need to use a chain store, stick with Davids

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Dec 15th, '13, 12:49

by Ursinos » Dec 15th, '13, 12:49

sherubtse wrote:Davids is an OK starting point, but once (if) you get more into loose-leaf tea, you will likely move on to other sources.

I would advise that you not buy from Teavana. If you need to use a chain store, stick with Davids

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Yeah, I used to get a particular tea (cactus fig) from Teopia, but when Teavana took over, they discontinued it and I've not bought anything from them since. Davids was closer at that point, and I liked their quality better for what I was buying.

Dec 15th, '13, 20:50

by sherubtse » Dec 15th, '13, 20:50

Ursinos wrote:
sherubtse wrote:Davids is an OK starting point, but once (if) you get more into loose-leaf tea, you will likely move on to other sources.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Yeah, I used to get a particular tea (cactus fig) from Teopia, but when Teavana took over, they discontinued it and I've not bought anything from them since. Davids was closer at that point, and I liked their quality better for what I was buying.
Davids Tea's straight teas may not be of high quality, but they are drinkable. Occasionally, they have some pretty good offerings.

Where they shine is in the customer service dept. I once boke a mug, and had my wallett out to pay for it. But the sales girl refused to let me pay for it, and good-naturedly laughed at the whole incident. Very nice! Also, they will package a tea in any amount over 10g., which is unheard-of when it comes to local tea shops. Again, very nice!

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Dec 15th, '13, 21:33

by Ursinos » Dec 15th, '13, 21:33

sherubtse wrote:
Davids Tea's straight teas may not be of high quality, but they are drinkable. Occasionally, they have some pretty good offerings.

Where they shine is in the customer service dept. I once boke a mug, and had my wallett out to pay for it. But the sales girl refused to let me pay for it, and good-naturedly laughed at the whole incident. Very nice! Also, they will package a tea in any amount over 10g., which is unheard-of when it comes to local tea shops. Again, very nice!

Best wishes,
sherubtse
I had a friend have a bad experience with them customer service-wise, but he has Murphy riding his back most of the time. Had one of the sales people try and tell him he didn't have a clue about anything when he said a tea smelled too much of something. (this friend is sometimes refered to as the "human tricorder" because his nose is so sensative). I'm thinking it was an isolated incident, I know they can happen, and more often to him than anyone else lol.

I never had any issues with them, and now that I'll know they'll package teas up in that small amount, I might go pick up some small weights of some other things, like the high-mountain oolong they have that's pretty expensive (for my wallet anyway). would let me try them out without committing to a whole 50g.

Dec 16th, '13, 06:57

by sherubtse » Dec 16th, '13, 06:57

Ursinos wrote:I never had any issues with them, and now that I'll know they'll package teas up in that small amount, I might go pick up some small weights of some other things, like the high-mountain oolong they have that's pretty expensive (for my wallet anyway). would let me try them out without committing to a whole 50g.
Yes, that is the real benefit of having smaller amounts, viz. being able to try new teas without making a substantial commitment.

Let us know how it goes. :)

Best wishes,
sherubtse

+ Post Reply