Oh no... another tea blog!!

Have a Tea Blog or Tea Vlog? Post a topic here.

Dec 19th, '13, 11:09

Oh no... another tea blog!!

by Teaism » Dec 19th, '13, 11:09

Haha! My friends have been bugging me to write something about tea and I am being pushed over the cliff. So I will just scribble some rubbish to shoo them off. :lol:

Please take this blog light heartedly and don't believe in all that have been said. (I will remind you if I have to again :lol: )

I am really a newbie in blog, so I hope those veterans can guide me. Thanks.

Oh no...another tea blog!

Check it out:

http://teaism99.com/

Dec 19th, '13, 11:14

Re: Oh no... another tea blog!!

by fdrx » Dec 19th, '13, 11:14

Oh yes... another tea blog!! :D

Dec 19th, '13, 11:25
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Dec 19th, '13, 11:25

This my friend is a good idea! :D

Dec 19th, '13, 14:55

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Dec 19th, '13, 14:55

William wrote:This my friend is a good idea! :D
+1 :D ...especially if we get to see a few of those teapots you've put all that effort into collecting. :wink:

Dec 19th, '13, 15:19

by William » Dec 19th, '13, 15:19

茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:
+1 :D ...especially if we get to see a few of those teapots you've put all that effort into collecting. :wink:
+1 as well as the various teas! :mrgreen:

Dec 19th, '13, 20:35

by Teaism » Dec 19th, '13, 20:35

Thanks for the kind comments.
I have to find more time for it and I am encouraged by many friends. Will post again after my trip. I will traveling to meet up with many tea groups and visit teahouses.
Perhaps in future post, I will write about some of the tricks they (shady teahouses) play....haha
Cheers!

Dec 20th, '13, 02:02

by kyarazen » Dec 20th, '13, 02:02

茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:
:lol: :lol: patience my friend....

my jaw hit the floor when i first stepped into his home, both the tea and the pots, the stringent qualities of his collection.. and the amazing quantity, definitely decades of patience and dedication. a truly passionate hobbyist

Dec 20th, '13, 07:04

by William » Dec 20th, '13, 07:04

kyarazen wrote:
茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:
:lol: :lol: patience my friend....

my jaw hit the floor when i first stepped into his home, both the tea and the pots, the stringent qualities of his collection.. and the amazing quantity, definitely decades of patience and dedication. a truly passionate hobbyist
+1 :D

Dec 20th, '13, 10:37

by Teaism » Dec 20th, '13, 10:37

Oh no.... kyarazen, the secret is out. I am just a tea slave really. :wink:

Sorry won't be able to post anything for the next 10 days in the blog. I like to add photos in the blog unless there is something candid on tea. I am now in South East Asia checking all the tea friends and tea houses. There will be day in and day out tea drinking.....I need withdrawal syndrome for drinking too much. :lol:

Cheers!

Dec 20th, '13, 12:12

by Devoted135 » Dec 20th, '13, 12:12

I just wanted to say that the photo of the mountains over looking the lake in your second post is breathtaking! Thank you for sharing! :)

Dec 20th, '13, 20:56

by Teaism » Dec 20th, '13, 20:56

Thank you.

Take a look and remember the look of the LBZ tea leaves. I purposely make it very big and clear. Generally, most high quality newer Sheng Puer tea leaves looks something like that.

I will try find some medium and low quality puers ( a lot available in the market, so it is an easy assignment) and photo them for comparison in my later post. I think it is important to learn to look at leaves rather than the brand. All producers have very high and low quality product. At least we know what we pay for.

Cheers!

Dec 21st, '13, 09:14

by William » Dec 21st, '13, 09:14

Teaism wrote:Thank you.

Take a look and remember the look of the LBZ tea leaves. I purposely make it very big and clear. Generally, most high quality newer Sheng Puer tea leaves looks something like that.

I will try find some medium and low quality puers ( a lot available in the market, so it is an easy assignment) and photo them for comparison in my later post. I think it is important to learn to look at leaves rather than the brand. All producers have very high and low quality product. At least we know what we pay for.

Cheers!
This is a great idea! Has been so long since I was looking for visual references!

Jan 5th, '14, 22:34

by Teaism » Jan 5th, '14, 22:34

Hello my tea friends,

I have just post an article on how to detect artificial scent in tea in my blog. It is a very useful skill to learn. This is one of the common and easiest method to learn and of course there are many other methods.

Cheers and have a good day.
Teaism

Jan 10th, '14, 18:19

by brandon » Jan 10th, '14, 18:19

I hope you post more about gongfu cha. I am also just a beginner and always looking little bits of information. I don't expect anyone to be an authority, every little piece of knowledge helps.

Jan 10th, '14, 21:45

by Teaism » Jan 10th, '14, 21:45

Hi Brandon,

Thanks a lot for your note. Yes definitely I will share some experience on Gongfu Cha. I have that in mind and have already created a category for it in the blog. There are too much to write about it and I will need to sit down to organize the thoughts. This is a really busy period as everyone is rushing to tie up loose ends for Chinese New Year. Will find some time after that.

Cheers and have a great tea day!

+ Post Reply