Pu-Erh for dieting?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jan 1st, '14, 09:41
Vendor Member

Re: Pu-Erh for dieting?

by jayinhk » Jan 1st, '14, 09:41

Sheng pu erh makes me very, very hungry and causes my blood sugar to drop for sure--oolong too, but not to the same level!

Jan 3rd, '14, 05:24

by miig » Jan 3rd, '14, 05:24

Hello again, I just received this link considering Hei Cha (another class of postfermented tea, like the Brother of Pu-Erh). There seem to be interesting facts due to fat absorption in this particular class of tea:

http://mattchasblog.blogspot.de/2012/09 ... hunan.html

Jan 4th, '14, 13:40

by Davcha » Jan 4th, '14, 13:40

After drinking too much young pu-erh my stomach starts to hurt. The weight loss: 1,5 kg per week. I think, it works. :?

Jan 4th, '14, 16:17

by Exempt » Jan 4th, '14, 16:17

You are considering puerh tea for all the wrong reasons :roll: Go to the gym and eat less food. Those will be far more effective than drinking tea

Jan 4th, '14, 16:49

by AdamMY » Jan 4th, '14, 16:49

Davcha wrote:After drinking too much young pu-erh my stomach starts to hurt. The weight loss: 1,5 kg per week. I think, it works. :?
Does this mean you are drinking 1.5 Kg of puerh a week :twisted: :?:

I am kidding of course. Honestly every tea can be *billed* as a weight loss tea, but for the most part the people that lose weight from drinking tea are the people that use tea (without sweetners, or milk) to replace highly Caloric drinks, while keeping all else in their diet the same. (One has to assume that they were already at a fairly close to maintaining their current weight when they did this.)

I will use myself as an example, I think my teachat record for the past 5 years or so, will show that I was definitely not starved for almost any type of tea during that time. But weight loss only really started in the past year (in fact up until that point I was slowly gaining weight), when I finally got serious about the other, and far more important parts of weightloss, being diet and exercise.

I have actually had a few people give me grief for saying this, but none of them have ever been able to actually provide anything more than flimsy arguments against this, while all the actual research and proof is in this favor. But weight loss is and always will be a numbers game, long story short to lose weight you need to on average over the long run be burning off more calories than you are consuming.

Items tea has been somewhat reasonably shown to do with weight loss are rather minuscule when you compare it to the fact that teas number one benefit for weightloss is it tastes good, and has nearly zero calories.

Jan 8th, '14, 17:23

by PurplePotato » Jan 8th, '14, 17:23

AdamMY wrote: I have actually had a few people give me grief for saying this, but none of them have ever been able to actually provide anything more than flimsy arguments against this, while all the actual research and proof is in this favor. But weight loss is and always will be a numbers game, long story short to lose weight you need to on average over the long run be burning off more calories than you are consuming.
+1

To be otherwise would be to violate the law of conservation of energy. Any energy added to the body (a calorie, after all, is just a unit of energy) must be either either stored, or burned off. It can't just disappear :P

Jan 8th, '14, 21:36

by chrl42 » Jan 8th, '14, 21:36

Weight loss starts when you don't want sugar in your water, so I think tea helps for dieting :)

+ Post Reply