Hey Everybody

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jan 9th, '14, 00:34
Scrolling: scrolling

Hey Everybody

by DavidM » Jan 9th, '14, 00:34

Hello all,

I'm David and live in Des Moines. I've recently become more interested in loose teas. My first loose-leaf teas were from Teavana (which I probably shouldn't have mentioned given the sentiments of some forum-goers here) and I've recently ordered a few samples from Adagio (Earl Grey, Irish Breakfast, Black Dragon Pearls, Silver Needle, Gunpowder, and Jasmine Phoenix Pearls). There's also a local tea store here in Des Moines that I'm planning on visiting soon.

I've been doing quite a bit of reading on tea and different preparation methods and am looking forward to learning more here on the boards here.

Jan 9th, '14, 02:28

Re: Hey Everybody

by Teaism » Jan 9th, '14, 02:28

Hi David

Welcome to the tea world!
Happy New Year!

Cheers!

Jan 9th, '14, 07:42

by miig » Jan 9th, '14, 07:42

Hi David,

as someone who's also quite new to this forum, I welcome you none the less. Expect a ton of interesting ideas here, I certainly got them!

Greetings

Jan 9th, '14, 10:00
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 9th, '14, 10:00

Hello DavidM and welcome to TeaChat!

Please enjoy your TeaJourney as you learn more about tea along with us. It is a lifelong process. :mrgreen:

Jan 11th, '14, 16:12

by nrstooge » Jan 11th, '14, 16:12

Welcome David - I'm in West Des Moines and if I'm making a green for just me, I use a gaiwan, black teas I use a teapot with a basket since those are my "go to" teas. But, a good ceramic teapot will do you well. DO visit the store over by the capital. They are very helpful and have a good range of teapots, etc. :)

+ Post Reply