Teas available on Amazon Prime


For general/other topics related to tea.

Teas available on Amazon Prime

Postby trallis » Jan 18th, '14, 08:55

Because it's so beneficial for people with Prime memberships to do as much of their shopping there as possible, I thought it might be useful to have a thread about good teas that can be bought on there. Anyone else have Prime and experience buying teas through it? I would love to be able to order a tea and be brewing it two days later every time
User avatar
trallis
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Oct 15th, '

Re: Teas available on Amazon Prime

Postby 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jan 18th, '14, 15:01

trallis wrote:Because it's so beneficial for people with Prime memberships to do as much of their shopping there as possible, I thought it might be useful to have a thread about good teas that can be bought on there. Anyone else have Prime and experience buying teas through it? I would love to be able to order a tea and be brewing it two days later every time



The point you make about Amazon Prime is interesting. I don't even know what teas they have available. I have found Amazon to be exceptional with their customer service. I once had a Kindle fail on me while in Taiwan. Since we weren't returning to the U.S. for 4 more weeks at that time, and I hadn't brought any other books, I contacted Amazon from Taiwan. They had a new Kindle to my wife's family's address in Taiwan in 5 days. It's not even occurred to me to look to Amazon for tea because, I suspect this is my inner, formerly unstated assumption, I assume there would not be good tea on Amazon. I haven't formerly made the connection between "Amazon" and "tea." It's just never occurred to me. But your point about fast and inexpensive shipping is a good one.

Blessings!
User avatar
茶藝-TeaArt08
 
Posts: 435
Joined: May 11th, '
Location: Sacramento, California

Re: Teas available on Amazon Prime

Postby debunix » Jan 18th, '14, 15:13

I just scouted a bit, and there are a lot more interesting looking teas than the last time I checked a few years ago, when it was Rishi, and various grades of bagged teas. Now they've got a lot, including SeaDyke TGY, which has been missing from my local tea shop lately.
User avatar
debunix
 
Posts: 4976
Joined: Jan 10th, '
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Teas available on Amazon Prime

Postby trallis » Jan 18th, '14, 18:28

茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:The point you make about Amazon Prime is interesting. I don't even know what teas they have available. I have found Amazon to be exceptional with their customer service. I once had a Kindle fail on me while in Taiwan. Since we weren't returning to the U.S. for 4 more weeks at that time, and I hadn't brought any other books, I contacted Amazon from Taiwan. They had a new Kindle to my wife's family's address in Taiwan in 5 days. It's not even occurred to me to look to Amazon for tea because, I suspect this is my inner, formerly unstated assumption, I assume there would not be good tea on Amazon. I haven't formerly made the connection between "Amazon" and "tea." It's just never occurred to me. But your point about fast and inexpensive shipping is a good one.

Blessings!


Yeah, I feel the same way. I don't know yet if Amazon will end up being a place I get tea from, but I try to switch any expense I can over to Amazon because of the things you said. Really good customer service(My favorite thing is the live chat with a real customer service person) and fast shipping. I order tons of books because I'm obsessed with comics, but I I also get other things on Amazon. Just like you, I never really connect Amazon with any of my hobbies that involve specialty items and products, but I've found that while on one hand they specialize in nothing, sometimes you get lucky and they carry a product from one of the brands that I like. Because of an illness I've had to move back in with my parents for a few years, and I can't drive..so if I want to go to the store and buy something I have to be considerate of other peoples' schedules, which I was not used to at all. When I started shaving with an old fashioned safety razor I found my favorite kind of razor blade was on there. There's a Guarana soda I used to buy from a little shop my landlord owned next store to my former apt. Something like soda you don't think about ordering a week before you want it. Because I order it at such random times, it wouldn't be efficient to keep paying for shipping and I'd have to buy it in massive bulk to afford it.

debunix wrote:I just scouted a bit, and there are a lot more interesting looking teas than the last time I checked a few years ago, when it was Rishi, and various grades of bagged teas. Now they've got a lot, including SeaDyke TGY, which has been missing from my local tea shop lately.

Cool, so you're saying Seadyke TGY gets your stamp of approval? I'd love it if I could get a good TGY on Prime. Also, I haven't tried many Rishi teas. It sounds like you're not a fan. Am I wrong?
User avatar
trallis
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Oct 15th, '

Re: Teas available on Amazon Prime

Postby debunix » Jan 18th, '14, 19:53

trallis wrote:
debunix wrote:I just scouted a bit, and there are a lot more interesting looking teas than the last time I checked a few years ago, when it was Rishi, and various grades of bagged teas. Now they've got a lot, including SeaDyke TGY, which has been missing from my local tea shop lately.

Cool, so you're saying Seadyke TGY gets your stamp of approval? I'd love it if I could get a good TGY on Prime. Also, I haven't tried many Rishi teas. It sounds like you're not a fan. Am I wrong?


The SeaDyke TKY (red label) was the tea I 'grew up' drinking--when I first started drinking anything but Celestial Seasonings regularly. It's still a familiar, comforting brew, not a great tea, but an easy one. I keep some around for when I'm in a hurry, or have one of those moments where nothing else in the box looks just right. I wouldn't recommend it over most specialty vendors' best offerings, but would recommend it over some of the cheaper ones and most other 'supermarket' versions.

When I couldn't find the SeaDyke, I started branching out, and Rishi were some of the first I tried. IME the Rishi on the whole are quite decent, and their Ancient Tree Puerh mini-tuos got me in to puerh. Nothing wrong with them. But they don't have as wide a variety of special offerings or give as much information about the teas as my favorite vendors, and a lot of the teas are flavored, which is not my thing. While I have some of their Jasmine Pearl and Golden Yunnan in my current lineup, they're not my favorite for every purpose, but I'd be happy to be served a well-brewed cup of most any of their unflavored teas.
User avatar
debunix
 
Posts: 4976
Joined: Jan 10th, '
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Teas available on Amazon Prime

Postby ClarG » Jan 21st, '14, 15:11

I'm not sure if these are available via Amazon prime but I have seen Davidson's bulk organic tea on Amazon and let's just say the reviews for it are not favorable.

There are tea vendors on Amazon under the grocery section but you can just go to the website for the vendor/seller and order it that way.

I live in an area where the postal service is very slow since we had various sorting post offices and a main post office close down in the city, so mail has to be sent to another state to be sorted and then sent back here and that's why the mail is very slow.

The various tea vendors I have ordered from (Stash, big tea house, Norbu, Darlene's teaport, NM Tea co., and I bought tea from Ethan on this site here) are very fast with their shipping and I get the tea within a few days. This is via first class and priority mail. Normally mail that is sent via standard post can take weeks to arrive.
ClarG
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Nov 25th, '

Re: Teas available on Amazon Prime

Postby trallis » Jan 22nd, '14, 18:32

I'm not complaining about tea dealers taking too long to ship. I've never had a bad experience with a tea vendor even when ordering from very small operations in other countries.

The reason I'm asking is because Amazon Prime members are paying in advance for a service. It provides them with free two day shipping on many eligible items. If you have Amazon Prime, it's to your benefit to find out if things you regularly buy can be bought on Amazon instead. I wouldn't buy from a low quality tea vendor just because Amazon has it, but I would definitely love to find out about a great tea that could be bought there.
User avatar
trallis
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Oct 15th, '


Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation