Winter greetings from Norway

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jan 19th, '14, 08:05

Winter greetings from Norway

by teatre » Jan 19th, '14, 08:05

Hello, tea lovers! A few months back I quit my job to start a new company, and I had to find something to do with all the time I used to curse my old boss/work in general. So I bought some white, green and black for sampling (not knowing the difference between them), and my journey in tea land begun.

Of course, by the time the first order arrived from China, I had been reading a bit and placed orders for an oolong and some sheng/shu samples. I didn't get to try any of those yet, as some of my new teaware is still in transit. Really looking forward to it, hopefully this week!

Of the teas I have tried, white strikes a note with me (I have bai hao yin zhen and shou mei) - I enjoy the subtle taste, and I feel it helps me stay focused throughout the day. I've been into speciality coffee for a while (hopefully that doesn't get me in trouble with the tea mafia), and I am very excited to learn more about tea and tea culture.

Thank you all for reading, and of course for contributing to the wonderful forum.

Jan 19th, '14, 10:45
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Winter greetings from Norway

by Chip » Jan 19th, '14, 10:45

Winter Greetings from Pa! Welcome teatre.

I am looking forward to seeing you around the forum. Happy TeaJourney :mrgreen:

Jan 28th, '14, 13:50

by Fuut » Jan 28th, '14, 13:50

Welcome welcome, i don't think anyone here would claim never to drink coffee;) Most countries only offer coffee in trains and planes.

Huh tap tap .. maybe i was a little to positive about coffee, i take it back, i take it back.

Enjoy the teachat.

Jan 28th, '14, 15:08

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jan 28th, '14, 15:08

Blessings and welcome!!

Jan 28th, '14, 15:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by bliss » Jan 28th, '14, 15:37

Hey neighbour!

Nice to see you getting into tea. White tea really struck a chord with me too the first time I tried it. I don't have any at home at the moment, mainly since I'm quite fond of having it at a place in Malmö (konsthallen) where they have a decent loose leaf Bai Mu Dan. Something rare in Sweden, it's mainly fruity crap here otherwise. There is something nice about associating a tea with a certain place and not really having it elsewhere.

Oh well, time to finish up. Welcome!

Feb 7th, '14, 20:41

by teatre » Feb 7th, '14, 20:41

Oh wow, I have replies here :D I've seen the "view your posts" button, but not really pressed it..

Thanks for your welcoming words
fuut wrote:Most countries only offer coffee in trains and planes.
Usually both on offer here, but I almost never get coffee; unbearable!

Maybe I'll scoff at tea bags at some point in the future, but for now I don't mind them. Unless of course it's "relaxation" or "friendship" or whatever those strange-tasting tisane bags are called...
bliss wrote:Hey neighbour!

Nice to see you getting into tea. White tea really struck a chord with me too the first time I tried it. I don't have any at home at the moment, mainly since I'm quite fond of having it at a place in Malmö (konsthallen) where they have a decent loose leaf Bai Mu Dan. Something rare in Sweden, it's mainly fruity crap here otherwise.
Tjena granne! -- if my Swedish holds water. Nice to see you here in tea land :D

Haven't found anywhere that serves decent (non-scented) tea around here yet, except a tea store where the staff will brew up anything they have on offer; white peony, regular green and black, matcha... and another 100 scented teas.

I asked them about puerh; that had only happened a handful of times for as long as the shop has existed, according to the staff! They have some sheng cakes for display, but nothing for sale. Good thing we have the Internet!! :D

+ Post Reply