Berylleb King Tea

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jan 21st, '14, 21:29

Berylleb King Tea

by AllanK » Jan 21st, '14, 21:29

I have decided that Berylleb King Tea is excellent. I finally put in another order with them last week. Either they chose a very fast variation of EMS shipping, or I am incredibly lucky. After only five days the shipment is already in NY. Ironically, it had more problems going the last five miles than the first 10,000 miles. The post office didn't deliver because of the blizzard. I will have to arrange pickup tomorrow.

How many other people have ordered from them? I knew of them because of the recommendations of people on this forum, thanks.

Jan 22nd, '14, 01:02

Re: Berylleb King Tea

by shah82 » Jan 22nd, '14, 01:02

They are expensive for what they sell.

Jan 22nd, '14, 01:22
Vendor Member

by honza » Jan 22nd, '14, 01:22

Free shipping is never free ...but people like it

Jan 22nd, '14, 06:57

by mr mopu » Jan 22nd, '14, 06:57

They are good at what they do and a top seller for me. They source items also and I have never bought a "fake" from them.

Jan 22nd, '14, 21:12

by AllanK » Jan 22nd, '14, 21:12

mr mopu wrote:They are good at what they do and a top seller for me. They source items also and I have never bought a "fake" from them.
I tested the two Dayi's I received today and both were real. I did not think their prices were more expensive than other websites in general. I drank the 2006 Xiaguan T8653 Iron Cake I bought a sample of. I plan to buy the whole thing in my next order. It was very good, sweet with only a little sheng bitterness.

Jan 22nd, '14, 21:24

by mr mopu » Jan 22nd, '14, 21:24

AllanK wrote:
mr mopu wrote:They are good at what they do and a top seller for me. They source items also and I have never bought a "fake" from them.
I tested the two Dayi's I received today and both were real. I did not think their prices were more expensive than other websites in general. I drank the 2006 Xiaguan T8653 Iron Cake I bought a sample of. I plan to buy the whole thing in my next order. It was very good, sweet with only a little sheng bitterness.
I don't mind paying a bit more for good service and products. I think they are in line with most sellers prices and their shipping is waaaay faster than most. Another good thing is they usually give a 30 gram or better sample with every order I have got. They once sent me a 50 gram sample of a Menghai "Panda" tou that is only 100 grams to begin with. Their service and willingness to share has always impressed me. And being able to buy samples of about everything they sell, well that's a big plus too. :D I have good reasons to "trust" them with their record.

Jan 24th, '14, 23:40

by AllanK » Jan 24th, '14, 23:40

mr mopu wrote:
AllanK wrote:
I don't mind paying a bit more for good service and products. I think they are in line with most sellers prices and their shipping is waaaay faster than most. Another good thing is they usually give a 30 gram or better sample with every order I have got. They once sent me a 50 gram sample of a Menghai "Panda" tou that is only 100 grams to begin with. Their service and willingness to share has always impressed me. And being able to buy samples of about everything they sell, well that's a big plus too. :D I have good reasons to "trust" them with their record.
They gave me two separate 40g free samples worth of Oolong and Puerh with my order. I have not yet drank them. Plan on trying the 2011 Dayi High Mountain Charm tomorrow. (I bought that, not part of the free sample they were mini puerh bricks.)

Jan 25th, '14, 09:45

by mr mopu » Jan 25th, '14, 09:45

AllanK wrote:
mr mopu wrote:
AllanK wrote:
They gave me two separate 40g free samples worth of Oolong and Puerh with my order. I have not yet drank them. Plan on trying the 2011 Dayi High Mountain Charm tomorrow. (I bought that, not part of the free sample they were mini puerh bricks.)
I think you will like the High Mountain Charm.

Jan 25th, '14, 13:50
Scrolling: scrolling

by the_economist » Jan 25th, '14, 13:50

honza wrote:Free shipping is never free ...but people like it
This. "Free shipping" and "free samples" just mean that the markup is enough to cover both the shipping, the samples on top of the vendor's surplus.

Jan 25th, '14, 14:19

by sherubtse » Jan 25th, '14, 14:19

the_economist wrote:This. "Free shipping" and "free samples" just mean that the markup is enough to cover both the shipping, the samples on top of the vendor's surplus.
Some retailers will take a loss on some items ("loss leaders") in order to gain market share. I have no idea if this applies to tea retailers, though I would presume it does to at least some of them.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Jan 25th, '14, 14:22

by sherubtse » Jan 25th, '14, 14:22

the_economist wrote:This. "Free shipping" and "free samples" just mean that the markup is enough to cover both the shipping, the samples on top of the vendor's surplus.
Some retailers will take a loss on some items ("loss leaders") in order to gain market share and thus make up for the loss in other areas. I have no idea if this applies to tea retailers, though I would presume it does to at least some of them.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Jan 25th, '14, 15:57

by Catfur » Jan 25th, '14, 15:57

the_economist wrote:
honza wrote:Free shipping is never free ...but people like it
This. "Free shipping" and "free samples" just mean that the markup is enough to cover both the shipping, the samples on top of the vendor's surplus.
TANSTAAFL

+ Post Reply