Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Re: Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby mcrdotcom » Jan 25th, '14, 22:30

Qilan Wuyi Oolong from Verdant Tea. Floral, thick mouthfeel, somewhat creamy. Quite nice for a daily oolong tea.

Qilan Wuyi Oolong by mcrdotcom, on Flickr

Qilan Wuyi Oolong by mcrdotcom, on Flickr
mcrdotcom

Postby AdamMY » Jan 26th, '14, 08:12

The sun will in theory eventually rise, until then 102K DYL from origin tea.

102K DYL (1) by Adam Yusko, on Flickr
AdamMY

Postby brandon » Jan 26th, '14, 16:24

Oriental Beauty by Wistaria Tea House back in November. Tea drunk!
brandon

Postby TIM » Jan 26th, '14, 17:23

brandon wrote:Image
Oriental Beauty by Wistaria Tea House back in November. Tea drunk!

YUM!
TIM
Vendor Member

Postby 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jan 28th, '14, 15:03

Still no rain; though, today the sky clouds over and casts a beautiful, somber light in the tearoom. Outside, new buds blossom against the grey sky, confused by Winter masquerading as Spring.

I pour the last bit of a 150g bag (still 10g left) of Winter Alishan tea, recently brought back from Taiwan by a friend, in a Taiwan red clay, 180ml pot with new Petr Novak cups from Darjeeling.cz. It's been an amazing tea, balanced, nuanced, and intensely potent in its chaqi, with all the elements a good Alishan tea should have. I'll miss it when its gone.

Blessings!
茶藝-TeaArt08

Postby saxon75 » Jan 28th, '14, 15:09

Phoenix oolong from Mad Monk this morning. I really enjoy how this tea changes so much over the course of a session.
saxon75

Postby AdamMY » Jan 28th, '14, 23:36

茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:Image

Still no rain; though, today the sky clouds over and casts a beautiful, somber light in the tearoom. Outside, new buds blossom against the grey sky, confused by Winter masquerading as Spring.

I pour the last bit of a 150g bag (still 10g left) of Winter Alishan tea, recently brought back from Taiwan by a friend, in a Taiwan red clay, 180ml pot with new Petr Novak cups from Darjeeling.cz. It's been an amazing tea, balanced, nuanced, and intensely potent in its chaqi, with all the elements a good Alishan tea should have. I'll miss it when its gone.

Blessings!

Very nice and elaborate set up! I would just love to watch the brewing happen!
AdamMY

Postby 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jan 29th, '14, 16:45

Very nice and elaborate set up! I would just love to watch the brewing happen!

Adam, Thank you. I would love to be able to sit down together and pour. The day before I had served tea to visiting friends from Shenzhen, China whom are in the U.S. traveling for two weeks as a family. Even when I pour solo, I always pour a second setting, as though for a guest; the first round resides in the cup across the table as I pour through the various subsequent rounds. In this way I hold space for my teachers, friends, and all things and remind myself that it is impossible to pour tea alone, a cup for the "10,000 things." At the end of the pour I drink the cup across the table as a way of completing the pour, taking "it" all in; plus, it's a good way to taste the cold flavor of the tea and to contrast the quality of one's last round with one's first round. :)

Blessings!
茶藝-TeaArt08

Postby mcrdotcom » Jan 29th, '14, 19:02

茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:Image

Blessings!

Amazing set up! Must be a very nice place to sit with friends and drink nice tea!
mcrdotcom

Postby debunix » Jan 29th, '14, 23:42

Evening Dan Cong: Bai Ye Wang ('King of white leaf') from Tea Habitat, in the cheapest little yixing, enjoyed from a beautiful drippy Petr Novak tea cup--for scale, the Yuzamashi in the background holds about 8 oz

debunix

Postby gasninja » Jan 31st, '14, 10:46

2003 Hui Yuan cliff Shhui Xian Wang in 8.4 grams in 80s factory 1 dark hong in ba le yixing. This tea has reminded me why I keep buying rock tea even though most of the time I am spending a allot for just ok tea. This ten year old rock tea is well worth it. I did not rinse so the first infusion had some generic aged oolong taste that Is common in aged baozhong. I used to love this taste but now it really turns off. The cha qi of this tea is heady making my head tingle. Cark fruit and a very noticable rock taste. The aftertaste is still noticeable over a half an hour after my last infusion.
gasninja

Postby chrl42 » Jan 31st, '14, 23:06

debunix wrote:Evening Dan Cong: Bai Ye Wang ('King of white leaf') from Tea Habitat, in the cheapest little yixing, enjoyed from a beautiful drippy Petr Novak tea cup--for scale, the Yuzamashi in the background holds about 8 oz

adorable lil Yixing, somewhat like Factory-1 zaoqi one.. :)
chrl42

Postby debunix » Jan 31st, '14, 23:39

That's my $5.99 special from Wing Hop Fung. It could have been sitting on the shelf there for many years before I bought it in 2010....but probably not long enough to have been from Factory No 1....
debunix

Postby chrl42 » Jan 31st, '14, 23:47

I didn't say it IS factory-1, it's not possible to know without interior pics.

But if you walk around in HK or Shenzhen...some jewels could be found with unexpected price (well...seldomly :mrgreen: ) I didn't say it is Factory-1~

And don't forget in Europe and America, many high-quality Yixings went there back. During the CR period, Yixing price was cheaper as pizza, and the price went up x1000 by now. Many export Yixings are high-quality as well.....but I didn't say that was this kind :)
chrl42

Postby debunix » Feb 1st, '14, 00:59

chrl42 wrote:I didn't say it IS factory-1

Understood. One of the bonus features of my collection of tiny cheap pots from WHF--aside from their minor but overall positive effect on tea--is that they were too cheap to have been worth the effort to adulterate their clay to simulate something else.

Today, finished some Imperial TGY from Yunnan Sourcing, a packet that was open long enough to have lost some of the best fresh aromas, brewed in a glazed shibo.
debunix

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions