Norbu 2014 Year of the Horse 25% Off Sale

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jan 4th, '14, 21:10

Norbu 2014 Year of the Horse 25% Off Sale

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jan 4th, '14, 21:10

Tea friends,

I recently received an order from Norbu. I really enjoy the Song Zhong Fenghuang Oolong and have yet to open my other purchases. As I was checking back in with Norbu's site I saw today that Norbu is having a 25% off entire order sale from January 1 to January 31. All one must do is apply the "2014Horse" coupon code at the bottom of the "Shopping Cart" page before checkout to receive the discount. Looks like I'm going to have to make a second order. 新年快樂!!(norbutea.com)

Here are some of Debunix's recommendations from the "Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?" thread (http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... start=2610):
From my most recent order, I can particularly recommend the

Traditional Roast Tie Guan Yin - Anxi Oolong Tea - Fall 2009
(a bargain for a quite nice, now slightly aged tea)

Jin Guan Yin - Anxi Oolong Tea - Spring, 2013
(not as lasting as a TGY in terms of numbers of infusions, but intoxicatingly rich and floral through several infusions, a worthy stand-in for times when I'm not planning a long tea session)

Lao Cong Shan Cha - Taiwan Wild Tea - Spring 2011
(the tea I'm enjoying right now, posted on above)

and I always enjoy his Alishans
Ali Shan High Mountain Oolong Tea - Spring, 2013

And to step outside the oolongs, this one bowled me over when I finally worked up the courage to open the sample--I'd been wary because my experience with darjeelings of all shapes/sizes has not been good
Jungpana Yellow - Darjeeling Tea - First Flush, 2013

Blessings!

edit: added links and fixed grammar :)
Last edited by 茶藝-TeaArt08 on Jan 5th, '14, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.

Jan 4th, '14, 21:51

Re: Norbu 2014 Year of the Horse 25% Off Sale

by sherubtse » Jan 4th, '14, 21:51

Many thanks for posting this, TeaArt08! I may be persuaded (or allow myself to be persuaded) to place an order. :lol:

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Jan 5th, '14, 07:23

by sherubtse » Jan 5th, '14, 07:23

But then again, probably not. Their shipping charges to Canada are too expensive. Not surprising, really, as this seems to be the norm for U.S.-based companies.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Jan 5th, '14, 11:20
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 5th, '14, 11:20

sherubtse wrote:But then again, probably not. Their shipping charges to Canada are too expensive. Not surprising, really, as this seems to be the norm for U.S.-based companies.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Like so many of us, they are victims of the USPS.

Jan 5th, '14, 16:19

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jan 5th, '14, 16:19

Sherubtse,

I had no idea...sorry to hear. My assumption is that post from here to Canada would be only marginally more expensive or the same. I'm surprised there is not some sort of Canadian/U.S. agreement to make the cost of shipping even. Is it only the U.S.? If I remember correctly, my order from Camellia Sinensis in Canada to my home in California did not include outrageous shipping. So, does the Norbu 25% discount even out the cost (could be the opportune time to try their tea then if shipping is really that expensive) or is the shipping still that exorbitant that it makes the purchase unwanted? I will say their processing and shipping were handled very well, with good email communication throughout the process. I look forward to doing business with Norbu.

Blessings

Jan 5th, '14, 20:54

by sherubtse » Jan 5th, '14, 20:54

TeaArt08,

Although an increasing-number of U.S. companies (in my experience) have high shipping charges, there are a few who do not. For example, both Mellow Monk & Verdant Tea have quite reasonable shipping fees. And yes, C.S. also charges a very reasonable fee for shipping. (Though they ship for free to both the U.S. & Canada if your order is more than $50.) Shipping charges are very important for me, as I have a set budget for each tea order (which includes shipping). Of course, others may not put as much emphasis (if any) on these fees.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Jan 6th, '14, 16:14

by ClarG » Jan 6th, '14, 16:14

Thanks for the info. I got an excellent Darjeeling that was on sale.

Jan 29th, '14, 15:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Devoted135 » Jan 29th, '14, 15:39

I've placed an order for several teas from Norbu, as 25% off was too good to pass up. Especially after being quite curious about all of the favorable reviews posted here. I look forward to giving their teas a try!

Jan 29th, '14, 15:43

by debunix » Jan 29th, '14, 15:43

He manages to find unique and interesting teas, and many of them are only available for one season, so if I like one a lot (and it's a tea that will 'hold' well, vacuum packed or made for aging), I buy a fair bit of it with the next order.

Jan 29th, '14, 16:07

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Jan 29th, '14, 16:07

I have not been disappointed with any of my teas from Norbu. Though I have not yet opened the Lao Cong Shan Cha from my previous order. I have 20g left of the Jin Guan Yin and finished off both the Song Zhong Fenghuang Oolong Spring 2013 and the Ba Xian Fenghuang Oolong Winter 2012. All the teas have been excellent!

I snuck in an extra order on Jan. 25th before the sale ends:

1. More Ba Xian Fenghuang Oolong
2. 2011 Spring Norbu White Buds cake
3 .Traditional Roast Tie Guan Yin (On Debunix's recommendation)
4. Da Hong Pao-AA-grade Wuyi Oolong Tea
5. Mi Lan Dan Cong Fenghuang Oolong Tea

With Norbu I appreciate the swift and efficient communication. Hopefully the new order will arrive here tomorrow or the next day. It has already shipped. I will likely go back and order more of the Song Zhong Fenghuang Oolong too.

Blessings!

+ Post Reply