Feb 5th, '14, 20:15

Re: Petr Novák - Pots under influence of tea

by kikula » Feb 5th, '14, 20:15

OH that's a beauty!

Feb 5th, '14, 20:32

by debunix » Feb 5th, '14, 20:32

And its tiny size is a perfect match for the tiny teapot I use for the fine TeaHabitat Dan Congs at work.

Feb 5th, '14, 23:19

by Teaism » Feb 5th, '14, 23:19

:lol: Finally finally I managed to grab a nice Petr Novak's shiboridashi from Darjeeling. Ordered and paid. Can't wait to receive it. Yaahoooo! :mrgreen:

Feb 6th, '14, 01:11

by kikula » Feb 6th, '14, 01:11

Well done, Teaism! I'm on a wares hiatus for a bit, I get my thrills vicariously. You'll be happy. :)

Feb 6th, '14, 02:24

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Feb 6th, '14, 02:24

Teaism wrote::lol: Finally finally I managed to grab a nice Petr Novak's shiboridashi from Darjeeling. Ordered and paid. Can't wait to receive it. Yaahoooo! :mrgreen:
Congratulations! If it's the set I think it is...the fiery shino shib with cup...that set was there all day. I expected that set to go first. Instead, a pot and two small cups went pretty quick. I kept wondering why nobody had bought it; it's a very nice shib set and it just sat there untouched. :? I was amazed. I showed it to my wife and we both agreed it was the nicest of the new pieces. Fate must have definitely marked that set for you because normally those pieces go fast! Congratulations on the new purchase; as kikula said, I celebrate vicariously with you! :D

Blessings!

Feb 6th, '14, 04:07

by kikula » Feb 6th, '14, 04:07

These things are a mystery, TeaArt.
"Snowflake" yunomi has been on that site forever, and I can't say why, as it's delicious. In particular, that tiny, tiny white speck is a snowy egret in mist. Captured me entirely. Tell me if you don't see that. :)

http://www.darjeeling.cz/en/accessories ... ake-pn-209

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5MDc4Nz2RnI/S ... CN0172.JPG

Feb 6th, '14, 05:09

by Teaism » Feb 6th, '14, 05:09

茶藝-TeaArt08 wrote:
Teaism wrote::lol: Finally finally I managed to grab a nice Petr Novak's shiboridashi from Darjeeling. Ordered and paid. Can't wait to receive it. Yaahoooo! :mrgreen:
Congratulations! If it's the set I think it is...the fiery shino shib with cup...that set was there all day. I expected that set to go first. Instead, a pot and two small cups went pretty quick. I kept wondering why nobody had bought it; it's a very nice shib set and it just sat there untouched. :? I was amazed. I showed it to my wife and we both agreed it was the nicest of the new pieces. Fate must have definitely marked that set for you because normally those pieces go fast! Congratulations on the new purchase; as kikula said, I celebrate vicariously with you! :D

Blessings!
Thanks and thanks Kikula

Yes the red shibo is in the way to me. :lol:

Cheers!!

Feb 6th, '14, 12:15

by debunix » Feb 6th, '14, 12:15

kikula wrote:These things are a mystery, TeaArt.
"Snowflake" yunomi has been on that site forever, and I can't say why, as it's delicious. In particular, that tiny, tiny white speck is a snowy egret in mist. Captured me entirely. Tell me if you don't see that. :)

I have been admiring that Yunomi too. The way the clay beneath is revealed through the transparent glaze, and then the crackling celadon curtain at the bottom, so nice.

Feb 6th, '14, 13:07
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 6th, '14, 13:07

Of course I do! I am always looking for faces and images peeking out for those who want to see them. 8)
Congratulations on finally being able to score some Petr-Yaki. I guess most of us will have to wait til you share photos with us as the shiboridashi is no longer shown on their site.

Feb 7th, '14, 00:32

by 茶藝-TeaArt08 » Feb 7th, '14, 00:32

Mystery indeed! Thank you for the pictures. I have to confess I had not looked so closely at the Snowflake yunomi. For my tea times I prefer a little "flare" :wink: in my cups and don't usually drink from the tall/thin variety. So, I hadn't looked closely....but wow, I really enjoy what you picked up in the piece and a second look really made me take notice. Even with the hiatus, I am surprised that crane is not already basking in the nearby silvery light of your "moonlit" bowl. Impressive self control! :D

Blessings!

Feb 7th, '14, 19:03

by kikula » Feb 7th, '14, 19:03

That moonlit bowl is just beautiful - nice in the picture back there but in person so many subtle nuances that a picture can't pick up, like tiny starry flashes of sparkle in the dark clay, a delicate splash of "surf" at the end of that path and up the side... It's very yin, very quiet, delicate and feminine in hand, fine; I love this bowl.

Feb 9th, '14, 04:54

by Petr Novák » Feb 9th, '14, 04:54

Thank you everyone for sharing picutres and all your comments. I have not been here for a while and it is pretty live here! Thank you for your support. Humbly honoured.

Some of you know, there is a new tea post on my blog http://potsandtea.blogspot.cz/2014/02/b ... ition.html

And 90ml of empty space surrounded by thin layer of stoneware with ash deposites on it
DSCN4262-002.JPG
DSCN4262-002.JPG (36.33 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
DSCN4263-002.JPG
DSCN4263-002.JPG (39.87 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
DSCN4264-002.JPG
DSCN4264-002.JPG (37.84 KiB) Viewed 1652 times

Feb 9th, '14, 13:15

by Ursinos » Feb 9th, '14, 13:15

that is one gorgeous little teapot

Feb 9th, '14, 13:20

by debunix » Feb 9th, '14, 13:20

90 mL but a much larger presence.

Feb 11th, '14, 09:53

Petr Novák - Pots under influence of tea

by Izcariel » Feb 11th, '14, 09:53

Hi Petr!
Im a big fan of your teaware and I already bought some cups and a teapot designed by you at Caj Chai (Barcelona)
I saw that you came once to give a pottery lesson but unfortunately for me I worked that day so i couldnt come by to see your magnificent masterclass.
Are you planning on coming again to barcelona? :D

+ Post Reply